• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Just goes to show...

SadisticPeppers

Business Member
Like potato chips, once you start, you can't stop. After my Moruga sprouts "mysteriously" became damaged the other day at my desk (nobody's owned up to it), I decided to begin some of the other seeds I had, so I put in some of the White 7Pots and Yellow Brain Strains in water to begin germination. I just finished putting them into trays, and if they're as good as the other seeds I've had, I'll have 3 colors of pepper by the time I move up to take over my parental's house :)

So you plant seeds even this late in the season? I have little patience and I want to plant my seeds but I've gotten mixed suggestions on starting seeds now. I see you live in Hollywood also so it would be great if you could give your opinion on the matter.

Well, for the time being, I'm groing indoors, but once I move to Jupiter, I'll be able to grow them outside. Plus, with the weather here the way it is year-round, it shouldn't be too difficult to grow outside :)

Yup! Having lived in Jupiter as long as I did growing up, I know about the summer heat too well. Plus, the seabreeze coming off the ocean (the house I'm taking over for my parents is a couple hundred yards from the ocean) should help immensely

Thanks I've grown plants almost my entire life (which I know for you guys isn't that long) and I've paid little attention to season and have generally gotten weak harvests so I thought it would be time to try and do things the right way.

Ronap17 said:
So you plant seeds even this late in the season? I have little patience and I want to plant my seeds but I've gotten mixed suggestions on starting seeds now. I see you live in Hollywood also so it would be great if you could give your opinion on the matter.
fall/winter are actually good times for full sun, in the shade you can grow year around without anything dying

I've thrown seeds on the ground and covered them in dirt and they're doing amazing, no ferts or compost or even water besides when it rains

cactusMD said:
fall/winter are actually good times for full sun, in the shade you can grow year around without anything dying

I've thrown seeds on the ground and covered them in dirt and they're doing amazing, no ferts or compost or even water besides when it rains

In Jupiter, near the ocean, the temps get pretty nice: high 70's to low 80s in the winter, and in the upper 60's during the night, with maybe the occasional dip into the low 60's for one or two nights in late January, but that's the extent of it. In the summer, it does get into the 90's near my parental's house, but they live sufficiently close that the seabreeze makes it tolerable, and the saltiness of the air takes care of a good chunk of the bad insects in the area. The only ones I ever remember seeing are bees and such, which is a good thing :)

Spicytigger said:
Party at  your house!!! whoot :)

Never was a hug fans of house parties... The movies or the real thing. Too much money on my part (even the "BYOB" ended up meaning I'd have to pay for 95% of the food and alcohol) too much cleanup, and I'm just too much of a loner to really have them anyway. I'd rather have one or two people that I trust come over maybe once or twice a year than strangers showing up because a friend of a friend of a friend told them about it (had that happen twice already, and the police got involved once, which is once too many in my book as well as Uncle Sam's when it came time for my security clearance renewal). That and I have a slightly anti-social streak... I just prefer to be alone most of the time and mind my own business, that way it's less stressful for me, and I'm just burned out from dealing with people in the IT biz 8 hours a day for the last couple decades... :)

Back