• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

Just got a macro lens to play with

Nice pics. I have Nikons's newest 105mm macro and shot that same spider for my first pics. I tried to find colorful chile blooms, but only had the white ones. If you haven't already done this, check out the focus stacking programs (like Helicon Focus) and see what magic a good macro like yours can really produce.:)

Well its not the most awesome shot but it was the first thing I thought off since there is nothing else around the house that I can think of that might make for an interseting shot. Well I'm still learning. There are probably a million things :)

Anyway I think its pretty cool. Slightly soft here and ther because I was doing it hand held instead of a tripod but I'm happy so far. Just wanted to make sure the lens (100mm canon macro) has no major focus issues or problems.

flower.jpg
That really is a beautiful photo. What plant does that bloom come from?............OOPS. Now I see it in the heading.

Thank you and the flower is from a Bonda Ma Jacques pepper plant. I didnt realize the little flowers had so much colour. I think peppers like the Aji Crystal and some others have a lot more colour still so I cant wait to take a shot of those soon.

That really is a beautiful photo. What plant does that bloom come from?

Back