Just introducing myself

Hi Folks,

Posted a 2010 grow season thread and realised it was actually my first post on this board, so thought I'd better stick my head in here and say hello properly!

I'm live just outside Winchester in the UK, am 37, male, about to be married (memo to self "must grow and eat more superhots!!!), and have been growing chillies for approx 10 years now.

I mostly grow soil plants but in the last three years have undertaken some diy hydro experiments and fun with lights, such that I also now have a solar-powered 42 pot multiflow DIY ebb and flow in the greenhouse and 2 40 site DIY aeroponic propagators for seedlings to go in prior to the multiflow. 200w 6400k CFL for seedlings and then under a 600w MH HID for about a month prior to going outside in May is a typical grow routine for me.

I'm growing a variety of plants this year although a reasonable number of each too, as we're hoping to get an allotment within the next few weeks so a chilli-jungle is on the cards. Have about 160 compost plants and about 30 hydro ones this year, the rest of the hydro will be tomato plants and sweet peppers.

I like experimenting making sauces but mostly just freeze or freeze and then powder my produce, all of which is currently for own use rather than any ambitions to sell.

I'm registered on the Chillisgalore forum under the same name and have been a member there (albeit under a different user name) for quite a few years..

I'm overdue getting my feet wet here - so Hi to everyone - I look forward to swapping chilli experiences with you all!

Welcome from Southfield Michigan.

May You Soul Rest In Peppers

HERE

4386562877_0488df8fc1.jpg

NJA

Ben, welcome from Fort Worth, Texas...you will fit in nicely here...

Back