• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

just one pic.... but cool!

this is on of my few Trinidad Scorpion Red Morouga's. It actually hooked three starter leaves ( forgot the tech term). WICKED!! i love my babies, 7pod yellows are doing the best out of the supper hots.. everyone was right got to get he right temp.
IMG_4607.jpg

Any one growing these....? it looks like the other 2 are going to do the same thing. Iam thinking maybe it's this type of pepper that does this.

I can't remember who said it but a year or two back someone said that seedlings with three cotyledons didn't fair too well. I have no idea if it's true and I can't imagine why it would be. Would you mind keeping track for a while?

My friend and I are growing a bunch of super hots this year and one of the seedlings that came up had 3 cotyledons on it. Not quite sure how that one is doing at the moment since they are all at his house but it definitely is a cool thing to happen :woohoo:
Will have to see if we can figure out which one it was and will get back to you on how it is doing.

I can't remember who said it but a year or two back someone said that seedlings with three cotyledons didn't fair too well. I have no idea if it's true and I can't imagine why it would be. Would you mind keeping track for a while?

Not at all.. i am watching them all like a hawk.. they took seven weeks to germinate. it's still a bright green in color so for now it's ok.

I got a Hungarian Black that had four cotyledons. It's still alive (just barely) outside, the pods keep getting attacked by worms. My 7 pot yellows looked awesome as seedlings, untill I managed to kill them :P

Thanks Benny, I appreciate it.

Dang moo, hate to hear that. Be happy to send you some pepper powder this fall if I'm successful. You may need to remind me though, memory isn't what it once was.

Thanks Benny, I appreciate it.

Dang moo, hate to hear that. Be happy to send you some pepper powder this fall if I'm successful. You may need to remind me though, memory isn't what it once was.

Thanks for the offer but I am overloaded with chilli products at the moment! I have to use my sauces and pastes by how much time is left on the best before date right now. I've also got a bag of dried bhuts and another bag of dried habs, plus some habs in the freezer.

I'm not complaining though! :dance: It's a better problem than the alternative.

nice seedlings! i havent had much luck with the superhots this year..you said something about the right temp..help me out pls! what r u doing!lol ;)

So 3 out of the 5 Trinidad scorpion red morouga did this as well on of the asaam bhuts, one yellow 7-pod that died the first day.. the rest are happy still. i will keep an update on these 4, in case anyone is interested.

Back