• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Just paid over 100$ for a fillup and a pack of ciggarettes Isaac can kiss my...

Hurricane Isaac, Just paid 4.03 for gas in Indiana This is just getting a tad ridiculous, When I started driving and smoking in the mid late 90's Gas was 99c a gallon or less and my smokes were 2.37 a pack. Smokes are now 5,39 and 96 and some change for 24 gallons of fuel. It took from almost 50 years for gas to go from 25c a gallon to 99c, then 2 years to hit the three dollar mark. Something is wrong with this picture.

putting money in oil stocks, lol

Oil-Stocks1.jpg

Just think how you'd feel paying $21.00 a gallon. But then people already are paying that much for something they use every day and never stop to think about it. So, my stock would go the the Bottled Water industry. At $1.50 for a bottle it works out to:

Evian 9oz - 21.33 / Gal

Aquafina and Dasani 16oz - 12.00 / Gal
and these 2 are just filtered tap water.

Nice huh, even without a Hurricane

In High school both gas and smokes were $.28 at terrible Herds gas stations.
Cartons of smokes were $1.75.
Name brand gas-premiun leaded was $.32 a gal. and smokes were $.35 in a machine.
Late 60's early 70's.
Beer was $1.25 - $1.75 a six pack in the 70's too.

Oh yea. Got to pay the piper man. 8 bucks for a pack of smokes around here and 4$ a gallon. My truck gets 15 miles to the gallon and I drive at least 60-70 miles a day for work. And my wife wonders where the money goes? lol

well there you have it ...another reason to give up smoking

You can run an old diesel engine on used chip fat but depending on how cold your winters are this might not be practical

To me, the problem is not expensive gas, but the rapid weakening of the US Dollar. Recent monetization of the US debt (they like to call it "Quantitative easing" or "Asset Purchases" more recently.

Here's the problem:

804px-US_dollar_value_in_gold.svg.png

To me, the problem is not expensive gas, but the rapid weakening of the US Dollar. Recent monetization of the US debt (they like to call it "Quantitative easing" or "Asset Purchases" more recently.

Here's the problem:

804px-US_dollar_value_in_gold.svg.png

Amen

and the Fed is talking about QE3, Good Grief

Back