• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Justaguy's 2011 Garden Season

Nice Bhuts. Sorry to see how the community garden turned out. Did you guys try any type of mulch? That would help with the weeds but then there are still the bugs. All those overgrown plots provide a great home.

Yeah Larry was nice enough to post those pictures here :evil: :evil: :evil: (paybacks are hell) but I only planted there because with all my plants here this year I felt I would give it a hail marry. Also, I knew going from 200'[sup]2[/sup] to just under 600 square would keep me really busy. Those weeds are all my plot which I have given to a neighboring gardener who puts old carpet on it then cuts holes for plants. The neighboring plots are all nicely kept. I broke the garden budget building and filling my 2 new ones here at the house, so I didn't have mulch delivered to put on this plot like others that have no weeds. No loss to me. Next year I will have a 1' X 20' new bed in the back for carrots and corn is cheap enough that I don't need to give up space for it.

was nice enough to post those pictures here
I posted the pics as I thought you'd like to know how your garden space turned out since it appears you hadn't been there in months. I know you hoped for your corn and carrots to grow out but it just didn't happen and it sucks that you wasted money on it :( But I warned how it was going to take a lot of maintenance and investment to grow there after surveying the area. Yeah I'm sure now that your home garden has expanded about 300% and you've gotten into new gardening explorations this year you just got overwhelmed. Since providing me a nice plot of your public garden space I put blood sweat and tears into it tending to it breaking my already broken back manually hoeing, pulling weeds, and watering to try and grow some things I didn't have space for like melons, cucumbers, onions, etc.. So it's very troubling and I hate to do it but I'm giving up and kissing the wasted time and invested veggie money goodbye :cry: I hate seeing gardens die off but that place is a funeral home if your not on top of it all the time. Not having a truck to get mulch or a tiller in there to help keep up with the onslaught of weeds is too much and I refuse to use chemicals for the insane bug invasion. I just don't have the time and energy to keep up with it, heck I can't even pick ripe veggies from my home garden lately and things are rotting on the vine so I need to focus on them. Oh well lesson learned on both our ends.

I know some people here like to see the multiple pods per node and I am not sure if the yellow scorpions are supposed to but here is one of mine. Many are doing it. The one I am holding is the first to show a little yellow tint.
100_1150.jpg

100_1151.jpg

Very prolific node for sure! I'll have to check mine out tonight as I hadn't paid a lot of attention to this. One thing though to mention though, if your yellow 7's are the same as mine, they are very weak and not even near as hot as a fatalii. :(

The 4 pod node on my Yellow Scorp the other day really liked being photographed so now it wants attention.

100_1152.jpg

One of these days I have to break out my tripod :rolleyes: Yellow 7pod

100_1154.jpg

Here come the Bhutsssssss!!!!

100_1155.jpg

:pray: :pray: Brain Strains :pray: :pray:

100_1156.jpg

the "Red Hab Tunnel" makes for some scootin on my back to pic

100_1157.jpg

My first Naga Jolokia ripening????

100_1158.jpg

Found this productive node while harvesting the red fatalii's today. After taking the pic I started to notice there are a lot of nodes like that in my gardens.
100_1159.jpg

100_1160.jpg

Caribbean Red Habs on the left and Jimmy Nardellos then the giant load of red fatalii's.
100_1161.jpg

100_1162.jpg

Nice harvest there!

I'm finding most of my heavily-laden nodes are within certain varieties - if one plant of a certain type is producing like that, so are the others of that same type. Are you finding that to be the case with yours?

Not 100% sure, but I think one of the characteristics of c. chinense is multiple fruit per node.

Love that "hab tunnel" pic! Everything else is looking good too, Brian.

super healthy looking plants guy!
Plants look great man, Those Yellow 7s look awesome :cheers:
Wow those plants look great and pods tastier great job.
WOW looking very nice.

Thanks everyone, the heavy harvest time is coming, I will try to keep up with pics.

Nice harvest there!

I'm finding most of my heavily-laden nodes are within certain varieties - if one plant of a certain type is producing like that, so are the others of that same type. Are you finding that to be the case with yours?
Not 100% sure, but I think one of the characteristics of c. chinense is multiple fruit per node.

Love that "hab tunnel" pic! Everything else is looking good too, Brian.

Gee and Tonly I have noticed it seems to be with certain varieties....I still think it is cool when a plant can put out 4, 5, or even 6 pods from one node then they get that huge.

Back