• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Justaguy's 2012 Garden Season

Coming from 2011
http://www.thehotpep...n/page__st__440

About a month earlier then last year and this year I have a place in case I need to pot up.

First I got the germ bed set up and temps stabilized. Left to right go 82° - 87° - 83°

100_1506.jpg

Next I took my old light racks

100_1493.jpg

Slid one over and added a double

100_1494.jpg

Then added a new bulb that hits 6500K to each side to go with the ones from last year

100_1496.jpg

I have to get the bottom shelf done and then i will put up pics to show how the 2 lights differ and IMO will be good.

This year I will have less total plants, but more varieties. Lord please save me from this addiction. :rofl:

Initially I plan on 123 in ground and 25 in containers(some to be given away)

25 varieties, 27 strains total. Basically 3 strains of T.S., so 25 varieties.

-Naga Morich/Red 7Pot Cross
-Yellow 7Pot
-Naga Jolokia
-Douglah
-Chocolate Habanero
-Thai Variegated
-Pequin Chiapas
-Brain Strain
-Thai Fire
-Indonesian Chile
-Mystery Seeds from Patrick
-Manzano
-Yellow Scorpion
-Fatalii(true)
-Caribbean Red Habanero
-Jimmy Nardello(sweet)
-Bhut Jolokia(Starting for Melium not for my garden)
-Cumari Do Para
-Naga Morich
-Possible Cross # 3
-Red Savina/Fatalii Cross
-Cumari Ou Passarinho
-Trinidad Scorpion "Butch T" from Alphaeon
-Trinidad Scorpion Mouroga from Pepp3rfreak
-Trinidad Scorpion from pods bought from A.J.
-Tepin
-Black Thai

At a later time I will try to update this list with who they came from if not from my seed stock, the number I plan on planting, and the number I put in to germinate. To be safe I am planning on dropping double in for germination so I will most likely be sending out sprouts again this year.

Wow they are looking awesome Brian! Well done. Looking forward to what you come up with with them.
Thanks. I will have to come up with more space. :rofl:

Nice lookin 7`s and all the rest look thick bro!
Thick is a good description. Want to come harvest later this season?

great looking plants/ pods!!! you are gonna hve your hands full in a few weeks
I have almost got the freezer space planned for max efficiency. Then extras go to powderville, puree, and people on here.

Those are some monster pods. I have some that look like that. I don't remember what I planted though...gonna have to go and check now! Hope we get some good rain towards the end of this season.

Lookin' Great in your garden!!
I'm getting a bunch of Nards now (Red) and they are DELICIOUS! Thank you so much for those seeds. I've already saved the earliest and will be saving the seed form the best plant as well as cloning it for winter reproduction. Then I'll cross it to itself in isolation.

Your 7-Pots are looking fantastic!

Just went out to the garden and looked at my 2 Butch T's. Seed came from 3 different pods given to me. 1 of my 2 plants is spot on phenotype. However the other looks Fatalii-ish. Will put up pics when I get a chance before I decide whether or not to pull the one that refuses to conform. lol

yellow 7 are looking great! just like the brains growing on my plant now
Thanks
WOW. Just WOW.
:dance:

=====================================================================================================================

Posted 01 August 2012 - 07:10 PM

Ok so it is time for an update.
First my Brain Strain in Isolation
100_1816.jpg

And here is the isolation section
100_1818.jpg

And a few in waiting
100_1819.jpg

The Carribean Red Habs are loaded. 2 quick shots
100_1821.jpg

100_1822.jpg

First Yellow 7Pot in the making
100_1827.jpg

and the 2nd
100_1823.jpg

A shot of the Yellow 7Pot section
100_1824.jpg

The Naga Morich bed
100_1825.jpg

100_1826.jpg

**Above is the latest post editing to get pics in.**

Then I have a Fatalii/Red Savina Cross (f2) that I believe back crossed with the one true fatalii that grew in with the 13 (f1)'s. These are getting isolated.
100_1828.jpg

Next I found my first ripe Fatalii in the True Front Fatalii Bed. :dance:
100_1829.jpg

:woohoo:

Of course by now I have a good many Indonesian Chiles
100_1830.jpg

100_1831.jpg

and some Thai Fires
100_1832.jpg

Big thanks to Chris cmpman1974 for the seeds this year....including Cumari Do Para
YUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
100_1836.jpg

And of course the Nards are coming in full blast.
100_1833.jpg

100_1835.jpg

New!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:woohoo: :woohoo:
Decided to crawl down the Caribbean Red Hab line and Found these in the middle and very bottom of 1 of my 2 shortest ones. They were add ons Seth graciously gave me since I was 2 short of my goal. Although the shortest, they were first to flower, first to pod up, and now first to ripen. Thanks bro.
100_1837.jpg

Brian,
Nice pod production.....I like how you isolated your plants. An ant couldn't find its way in!
The Caribbean Reds are one of my favorites, and its looks like your loadind up on them.............cool
I can see those "Nards" in a frying pan with some Vadalia's..........................yum
Have fun with the 2nd half of the season...

Greg

Brian,
Nice pod production.....I like how you isolated your plants. An ant couldn't find its way in!
The Caribbean Reds are one of my favorites, and its looks like your loadind up on them.............cool
I can see those "Nards" in a frying pan with some Vadalia's..........................yum
Have fun with the 2nd half of the season...

Greg
Thanks. Spot on with a little garlic and a good sere the Nards are great for relish and salsas too.

These are great. Is it your first time growing them? What do you think of the heat and flavor?
First time and I didn't isolate so the one in the bucket will be overwintered. The flavor reminds me of a Fatalii with the same heat for an instance and leaves quick. Nice little blast.

Very nice Brian. Glad to see the chili gods are with you :party:
Thanks

And here is today's harvest. :woohoo: soon I will be able to drop people surprise boxes.
100_1844.jpg

Man, look how big those Nardo's are.....Now I wish I grew them this year. I had problems with those and some Marconi plants.
Next year a must.
Brian do you usually use Caribbean Reds in your hot sauces?..........I do, ...I use to use Savina's for added heat but too much has
that "Der-thy...Ditchy" flavor...

Man, look how big those Nardo's are.....Now I wish I grew them this year. I had problems with those and some Marconi plants.
Next year a must.
Brian do you usually use Caribbean Reds in your hot sauces?..........I do, ...I use to use Savina's for added heat but too much has
that "Der-thy...Ditchy" flavor...

Yep, any of my sauces that have habs, have Caribbean Reds. I don't care for orange or reds. The Caribbean Reds are a great tasting Hab.
Last year I had a couple regular red hab plants and their fruit all were sold or given away. This weekend I may have to load something up for 3515 :D

Back