• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Justaguy's 2012 Garden Season

Coming from 2011
http://www.thehotpep...n/page__st__440

About a month earlier then last year and this year I have a place in case I need to pot up.

First I got the germ bed set up and temps stabilized. Left to right go 82° - 87° - 83°

100_1506.jpg

Next I took my old light racks

100_1493.jpg

Slid one over and added a double

100_1494.jpg

Then added a new bulb that hits 6500K to each side to go with the ones from last year

100_1496.jpg

I have to get the bottom shelf done and then i will put up pics to show how the 2 lights differ and IMO will be good.

This year I will have less total plants, but more varieties. Lord please save me from this addiction. :rofl:

Initially I plan on 123 in ground and 25 in containers(some to be given away)

25 varieties, 27 strains total. Basically 3 strains of T.S., so 25 varieties.

-Naga Morich/Red 7Pot Cross
-Yellow 7Pot
-Naga Jolokia
-Douglah
-Chocolate Habanero
-Thai Variegated
-Pequin Chiapas
-Brain Strain
-Thai Fire
-Indonesian Chile
-Mystery Seeds from Patrick
-Manzano
-Yellow Scorpion
-Fatalii(true)
-Caribbean Red Habanero
-Jimmy Nardello(sweet)
-Bhut Jolokia(Starting for Melium not for my garden)
-Cumari Do Para
-Naga Morich
-Possible Cross # 3
-Red Savina/Fatalii Cross
-Cumari Ou Passarinho
-Trinidad Scorpion "Butch T" from Alphaeon
-Trinidad Scorpion Mouroga from Pepp3rfreak
-Trinidad Scorpion from pods bought from A.J.
-Tepin
-Black Thai

At a later time I will try to update this list with who they came from if not from my seed stock, the number I plan on planting, and the number I put in to germinate. To be safe I am planning on dropping double in for germination so I will most likely be sending out sprouts again this year.

List update
In Germination tray-Desired for planting out-Type
10-2-Naga Morich/Red 7Pot Cross
20-10-Yellow 7Pot
15-6-Naga Jolokia
15-7-Douglah (mutiple members)
20-8-Chocolate Habanero
10-1-Thai Variegated (Chris-cmpman)
10-1-Pequin Chiapas (Chris-cmpman)
14-7-Brain Strain (Multiple members)
10-4-Thai Fire
15-7-Indonesian Chile
11-2-Mystery Seeds from Patrick
5-1-Manzano
10-3-Yellow Scorpion
20-10-Fatalii(true) (Pepper-Guru)
40-21-Caribbean Red Habanero
25-13-Jimmy Nardello (sweet)
20-20-Bhut Jolokia (Starting for Melium not for my garden)
10-2-Cumari Do Para (Chris-cmpman)
30-16-Naga Morich
15-6-Possible Cross # 3
15-7-Red Savina/Fatalii Cross
10-2-Cumari Ou Passarinho
10-3-Trinidad Scorpion "Butch T" from Alphaeon
15-6-Trinidad Scorpion Mouroga from Pepp3rfreak
15-7-Trinidad Scorpion from pods bought from A.J.
10-2-Tepin
8-1-Black Thai

I planted at least twice what I want to end up with. Not that I have little faith, but I do want to insure desired numbers. Extras will find local homes or be shipped as sprouts in tubes to members in the states. If you received sprouts in tubes last year please let me know how they went as I have not heard from a few that got them.

cool. The other you were thinking about were grown last year and one plant was funky like you said, but not as funky looking as yours were

Ok the lights are doubled and wired together instead of being individually. Ready to go.
100_1544.jpg

When covered it hold the heat in around 80-90°
100_1543.jpg

Going to let these guys develop some with the brain strains and others that are popping before moving them to their cells. Also it will let the trays I just filled with soil and put in today get up to temp.
100_1545.jpg

Hey Brian how you doing, I see that you got the lights wired up and kickin,set up is looking good, but the seedlings a little leggy,(though you may have not noticed)amazing what 7 days will do. I have had that happen before and just buried everything but the leaves and the turned out just fine. If this year turns out anything at all like last year, you will have some serious pottage going on.

Good luck to you this season and remember not to leave anything out, like garden prep, new builds and methods ect.

Be watchin, Jeff

Hey Brian how you doing, I see that you got the lights wired up and kickin,set up is looking good, but the seedlings a little leggy,(though you may have not noticed)amazing what 7 days will do. I have had that happen before and just buried everything but the leaves and the turned out just fine. If this year turns out anything at all like last year, you will have some serious pottage going on.

Good luck to you this season and remember not to leave anything out, like garden prep, new builds and methods ect.

Be watchin, Jeff

Hey hey Jeff glad to see you found it. :D Nice builds you have going. Loving your cellar project. I will be posting more pics today after getting the rest moved. There is a method to my madness :crazy: Long legs get them down to the water when I move them. They get buried up to the leaves by design. Potting up is not on my list of things I enjoy in bulk, so I go from germ to big cell. Cofee is almost done and then time to move babies. Will be back with
flash.gif

------------------------------------------------------------------------ ^^^^09:31am today^^^^--------
Not sure if the new setup will merge the 2 posts. Just got done moving sprouts. It is 20:16(8:16pm) and I know a lot of people have been wondering about my "leggy" sprouts. I do like my ladies tall, but I digress...... Here I will be showing you why.
Here is where things were when I started. Please note the depth of the cells.
100_1556.jpg

100_1557.jpg

Now to get the babies into light.
100_1558.jpg

100_1559.jpg

And for this demonstration I will be using a Douglah. Sorry for some blur and shine.
100_1560.jpg

Here is the length
100_1563.jpg

I make a hole as shown in this picture(not the cell it is going in but only pic I remembered to take of that step)
100_1566.jpg

Once it gets dropped in and cuddled in to the soil it looks like this with roots down bottom near the water.
100_1565.jpg

When it comes time to water
100_1567.jpg

And now that I am done for the night there are unwanted sprouts still in the germination tray and here are what my trays look like
to be continued

Apparently with the new merging thing you can't just post several times to get the pics up. Be back in an hour or tomorrow to add the rest.

Thank you Tulsa for posting when I asked in chat. Now I can post the rest here.

And now that I am done here are the trays.

Top/Middle/Bottom
100_1571.jpg

100_1568.jpg

100_1569.jpg

Thanks for watching. Now you all know why I like my ladies in the dark, tall, and leggy. :D

Are you growing the Yellow Bhuts this year too?
I didn't get any this year. I had some mixed red and yellow seed from Pepp3rfreaks's garden castoffs but gave them away. I have found I can harvest all I need at the Bower's pepperfest, so I am using that garden real estate for other things.

Nicely done ace! now thats a lot a peppers. everything looks cozy and warm, there midgets now. works great. plenty of light at the right distance. good one!

Jeff

Downstairs today looking in. I have a cross I attempted last year. Sprouts of it and of the mother variety are doing good. I have learned over my time here on the forum that f1's tend to grow quicker and experienced it last year. Well my cross attempt is blowing up compared to the sprout of the mother variety and both were moved to cells the same day and at the same size. This is why I love growing things.

Back