• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Karoo 2018/19 Glog African Adventure

Hi everybody.
Starting early this year . i just can't help myself, first frost hits and all i can think about is germinating a few seeds.

Germination:
In small pots with coco coir/compost 50/50.
In insulated container with heat mat .
Temp 28-30 C.

Seedlings:
Will stay in small pots , fits in trays , easy to move . For about 3 months.
I have a small , wooden grow box/cabinat with cfl lights.

Grow area:
two areas under 40% shadenet/birdproofing .
Biggest area, two one meter high raised beds , filled with 90% pure compost 
Second area , large containers partially buried in the ground to keep them cool.

Soil:
germination , 50/50 , cococoir/compost
after that 90% compost with added  ash , spent coffee grounds , fine eggshells etc.
Compost is my own , from garden cuttings , leaves and branches , just left in a hole in the ground for at least 2 years.

No added nutes . The year I am going to experiment with sheep droppings from my Brother-in-law'sfarm. Real 2-5 year old droppings from the shaving shed.

Stay tuned , pics will follow.

+1 on 140 ;)

I start them the same time as the Annuum's and keep them in mostly shade until it cools down. They do well here considering the heat and all. I sure do love the fruits ;)

At the moment I am trying to wind down my season , but it just doesn't want to cool down . Daily temps stay between 26- 36 Celsius and is predicted to stay that way for the next two weeks! We usually get light frost from June . No complaints here and the plants have left the best for last . 

The Aji Amarillos are beautiful , sweet and full of flavour. My new favourite for sure!

IMG_0344 (2).JPG

IMG_0345 (2).JPG

IMG_0347 (2).JPG

karoo said:
At the moment I am trying to wind down my season , but it just doesn't want to cool down . Daily temps stay between 26- 36 Celsius and is predicted to stay that way for the next two weeks! We usually get light frost from June . No complaints here and the plants have left the best for last . 

The Aji Amarillos are beautiful , sweet and full of flavour. My new favourite for sure!

Gorgeous fruits Karoo, they look mouth watering! :) So those Amarillos are really worth it? How hot do you estimate them to be?

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

lespaulde said:
Gorgeous fruits Karoo, they look mouth watering! :) So those Amarillos are really worth it? How hot do you estimate them to be?

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

Aji Amarillos , worth it all the way. :onfire:

Like most Bacatums the heat is al in the placenta , sweet flesh with almost no burn.
Easy to eat as a whole pod , I'd say 30-50 000 Scovies.

Back