• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

KayJay's Glog

I have the winter blues and it's only early January.  :tear:

Here's a shot of my Apache and Cayennetta in their winter home in my living room, window facing North-East. I guess they're doing okay - they basically look like they're frozen in time from the day I brought them in, back in October. They have some chew marks, but those were there before I brought them in. No aphids, knock wood. 

I can't wait to start the jalapenos that the webmaster mailed to me.  :dance:

310ac983-36b5-4d34-8905-08f42bf97ac4.jpg

Good luck with your grow season.  Are you growing anything else other than your two overwinters and the Jalapenos?  How long is the outdoor growing season where you are?  I know it is pretty cold right now.

Robisburning said:
Good luck with your grow season.  Are you growing anything else other than your two overwinters and the Jalapenos?  How long is the outdoor growing season where you are?  I know it is pretty cold right now.

Hello! I'm sorry I didn't see your reply earlier. I have a bunch of vegetables planned. Pepper-wise, besides the Jalaps and OWs, I've started sweet peppers, too. Early Cal Wonder. I'm sure I'll end up impulse-buying more once the parking lot nurseries are up and running.

The outdoor growing season here is about five months. The average last frost is May 10 here, and average first frost is early October. It varies quite a bit here in Ontario; lots of microclimates. Where I used to live in Niagara, which isn't very far away, the growing season is much longer and the climate is almost Meditteranean, hence the wine producing industry.

We've finally had some warmer (ie not-freezing) weather after a long cold winter. I took the OWs out today for some natural sunshine. They were already getting a bit of direct sunlight for the last few weeks, now that the sun is far enough North again to reach the living room window.
150403-OWpeps_zps1nzjynb0.jpg

Back