• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Keen's 2014 garden and pepper raised beds

this is the first time making a garden in our house we bought last year.   i  have a total of 4 raised beds 1 for all peppers. 

last weekend i tilled and leveled the ground, i also put in the first 3 beds.  this weekend i bought more bricks and made the pepper patch out in the big backyard.  

heres where im a so far. im putting good soil in the beds monday, the commercial nursurey that sells good dirt is closed weekends. 

Heres the vegetable gardens.  the little one in the corner is my 4 year olds.  she's got it all planned out what she wants in there.

here is the bed i'll plant peppers in.  its almost 10ft long.  im thinking 6 plants???

i'll post photos after i get some dirt in there too.  i'll probably start my seed starters today and tomorrow with an updated list of everything we are going to grow.

i thought my peppers were looking left out so i hooked them up with their own light.  they got a 13w  6500k  cfl now. i had the reflector left over from previous reptiles. 

well, my veggies are starting to TAKE OFF!

my peppers not so much. still no activity.  i got some more seeds in the mail, thanks to the generous members here.

ill post when we hook some peppers.

from what ive read, it takes around 2-4 weeks?

1984keen said:
well, my veggies are starting to TAKE OFF!

my peppers not so much. still no activity.  i got some more seeds in the mail, thanks to the generous members here.

ill post when we hook some peppers.

from what ive read, it takes around 2-4 weeks?
Some come up in 5 days, most for me in 2 weeks, some 3 weeks. But I haven't used a heat mat like a lot who have better germ rates. They say 82-84° is optimum I believe..

well, so far i got some jalapenos, brain strain, brown moruga, and naga morich have sprouted.  as for the other peppers, im being patient...  i got high hopes for them.  

been a while...  heres a lil update.

everything is growing like mad. some of my herbs didnt sprout, and my choc habanero either... but i got a lot of goodies started.

i also have some manzano and yellow devil tongue sprouted.  

Back