• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

overwintering Keeping seeds over winter

I have a few too many seeds then what I need to plant out this growing season.
What is the best way to store chili seeds?
In dime bags in a cool dark place or in the fridge?
Because of our climate differences between Australia, UK, USA. "Cool Dark" can mean different things.
IE, Your winters get below freezing, Mine rarely get below 7Deg C and only overnight. Winter days can get up to 20-24C
If anyone can provide the actual Best temp and relative Humidity?
Thanks

i just keep mine in little plastic snap lock bags then i just put them in a envelope and stick them in my desk it works for me ive never had a problem with them

i just keep mine in little plastic snap lock bags then i just put them in a envelope and stick them in my desk it works for me ive never had a problem with them
Exactly the way I do it.

I planted some this season that have been sitting there since last and they were still totally AOK.

Huh, I didn't know had to keep seeds in things like that, I just got them sitting in little bags that I got from the seed sites and leave them on my grow shelf and they still germinate when I need or want them too, even my few year old bell pepper seeds I completely forgot about lol

Back