• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Kick ass "One hit wonders"

I'll kick this one off with "Drivers Seat" by Sniff 'n' the tears.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PykVUnlTqXE

after hearing the success of The Police's De do do do de da da da, the band TRIO thought they could ride that coat-tail and delivered "Da Da Da" and go thunk! It was a hit! I think their attempt at Fa fa fa was a fa fa fa failure, the world caught on. okay, so i made the last part up, none the less, they were a "One hit wonder".

Hill Billy, the video is only available in the US, so any internationals clicking on the vid just get the message "not available in your country".

"Lunatic Fringe" by Red Rider
Technically not a one hit wonder but close enough. David Gilmour's solo still blows me away and was the first one I could play note for note. Of course I'd have to drink some a bit of Scotch to get that "Behind the beat" timing just right.

EDIT: Ok I changed the link try it again...

yep, that did it.

David Gilmour's solo still blows me away and was the first one I could play note for note. Of course I'd have to drink some a bit of Scotch to get that "Behind the beat" timing just right

Newtune dude, you should have laid off the sauce when playing to Red Rider, i don't ever remember David Gilmour jamming with the likes of a nickle and dime Canadian band like Red Rider. Tom Cochrane is kind of a Canuck staple always being used on our national broadcaster TV when they can't convince Bryan Adams to show up for a gig and they think Ian Tyson would be to old for the audience, when they are really desperate, they pullout Anne Murray. Local radio has to meet Canadian content rules and always play White Hot and a few other Red Rider tunes.

Here's a kick-ass one hit wonder IMO!
220px-Pass_the_Dutchie_single.jpg

Burning Colon, you think the Police were "one hit wonders?" WOW!

No dundee, you are miss reading my post.

i am setting up my post before introducing the "one hit wonder, TRIO", here let me reiterate:

after hearing the success of The Police's De do do do de da da da,

let me know if you want me to quantify "after hearing the success of The Police..."

I remember dancing to "pass the dutchie" during my coyote years; i can produce scores of cheap Canadian "one off's", how about the Spoons, "tell no lies". I am not sure what would have made it out to international waters. "Life is just a fantasy..." sorry i was singing in my head but out loud.

Ohhhh o.k. I see now. I was thinking I had to have missed something! When you said the band TRIO, I was thinking you meant the three members of the Police! My fault! :oops: :doh: :cheers:

velo deluxe - super elastic

Can't even find them on youtube (except for some 2006 crappy live video), they were such a one hit wonder. But one of my favourite 1990s CDs.
http://ihatethe90s.blogspot.com/2010/08/velo-deluxe-superelastic-1994.html

edit:
how about cory hart, my sunglasses or something like that!
Really, cory hart a one hit wonder?

Back