• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

KiNGDeNNiZ... keep moving forward!!

Actually more of a journal for me. Just like to see all the progressions.

This year 2013 I got hit with what was believed to be thrips. They consumed one plant after another. My veggies were all destroyed by spider mites. And now my struggling in ground plants are being consumed by aphids. So many buds and flowers. Too bad they won't make it. But hey. I did t have grubs this year

Thanks to all that sent pods. Powders. Hot sauces. And seeds. Although I wasn't able to do fresh pod giveaways. I was and still doing powder and seed giveaways.

I've started some new ones late in the summer and plan to go into full swing in a week.

Here are the big boys.
null_zps45a38df6.jpg

null_zps37ebf2ed.jpg

From this
null_zps0c3e811c.jpg

To this. Soil is roots organic. And some coco
null_zps36be4a8b.jpg

I've also give hydro a shot. Jamaican scotch bonnet MoA
null_zps3c3d7159.jpg

And made this my ghetto aerogarden utilizing clay balls. Lol ... Using aerogarden nutes for now
null_zpsa222b968.jpg

null_zpse2534a76.jpg

Thanks to THP and Facebook for sharing with me the pods powders and seeds.

I met some nice folks on the FB spectrum...and for some cool varieties to grow. My In ground will be nuked and dedicated solely to the Jamaican scotch bonnet MoA. I have some you've heard of and some you haven't like the "peanut" Lucy and Katie. Bubblegum orange and a few others. Here's to a head-start

88022245-C0DB-4FDE-B79C-B29F9F413753-49411-0000059FF1DD1779_zps520ffd64.jpg

after much conversation with Troy PRIMO.. he's buddy might think my issues are viral/fungal...and i just might closeup show here at the house.... whatever lives lives.. but again..little care will go into the plants.. i cant grow anything this year at my house next year to help eradicate my issue.. be it veggies or peppers.. soil will have to go.. and will have to nuke it somehow....dont know what ill be doing this season... i can start more seeds.. but ill for sure be waaaaaaaay behind...

thanks again.. just frustrating... 

cant say i can continue to get frustrated....might as well save up and maybe try to get some plants...

Okay , made it all the way through..vs the skim 2 pages  I am usually restricted to.Damn it I hated the last entry.
I would clean the AC filters as well if you have window units...or replace em. Airborne is a possibility...I hate a mystery like that.

Fish....Pacu's, Tiger Oscars, a several year old Jack D called Bump(mean ole bastard, but gorgeous), a tank of slam dancin' Africans from Tanganyika, 18" of Clown Knife,Black Ghosts, White Ghosts...a few Arowanas, Silver and Black(named Dragon and Snake), and lastly a six pack of ye old Serrasalmus Nattereri.
Snake got his name by spending half of his Juvenile days flopping around on the floor.....all favorites at one time or another.Crack a beer stare at the fish.....works every time.

Though about Melissa yesterday- got some her Habalokia seeds out here.As usual I'm past my imposed limit -but, the last 2 I propagate this year will be those and the MOA's.

We'll ensure you stay podded up ....
Live to fight another day, brother.
DJ.

Don't give up the fight yet Dennis. Doesn't really look like fungal/virus to me, but I am no expert. Make sure everything else is ruled out 1st.

KiNGDeNNiZ said:
Took this Jays peach to class

And for the sake of class and more plants. Used it for plant propagation.

Approx 30 cuttings
Aleppo and urfa peppers

And now for my hobby away from my hobby

Damn man, if all else fails I can send you some fresh pods later in the year! I had a bad issue a few years back and it killed both pepper and tomato plants. It seems for now that I finally eradicated most of it from the area of soil it had taken over, I only lost a single plant last season. I mainly replaced most of the soil and worked in tons of new soils and goodies. It was such a PIA, think someone else here burned and tarped their infected area...Shane maybe?

Best of luck ridding yourself of these issues, chin up!

That sucks Den i had the same problem last year ruined everything try some wettable sulfur that is what i am going to have in hand if i show signs of this this year i wish you all the luck man !

Jamison said:
Oh man. Not good. Must be something in the yard..?
definately!!!

ronniedeb said:
Sorry to hear of your problems Denniz. Have you considered it could be Broad Mite Damage?
http://www.forestryimages.org/images/768x512/5368119.jpg

I know there have been Broad Mite problems with other crops in Southern California. 
broad mites no.. i have a plant propagation class and she owned and ran a nursery for 14 years.. according to her.. its something fungal...so tossing all the infected plants...and plan on nuking my soil with black tarp...

Jeff H said:
Don't give up the fight yet Dennis. Doesn't really look like fungal/virus to me, but I am no expert. Make sure everything else is ruled out 1st.
its hard not too... thinking of growing at my sisters but puts me wayyyyy behind if i planted seeds.. only thing i can do is buy plants here locally.. and maybe if people know how to propagate can send me some rooted cuttings.. 

JoynersHotPeppers said:
Damn man, if all else fails I can send you some fresh pods later in the year! I had a bad issue a few years back and it killed both pepper and tomato plants. It seems for now that I finally eradicated most of it from the area of soil it had taken over, I only lost a single plant last season. I mainly replaced most of the soil and worked in tons of new soils and goodies. It was such a PIA, think someone else here burned and tarped their infected area...Shane maybe?

Best of luck ridding yourself of these issues, chin up!
ya.. sucks like hell.. cant seem to get anything done right.. fresh pods sound good.. but at this point seedlings would benefit better.. so i can grow at my sisters.. i have a plant propagation class and made 30 cuttings of jays peach ghost pepper.. seems to have rooted...
108Mob said:
That sucks Den i had the same problem last year ruined everything try some wettable sulfur that is what i am going to have in hand if i show signs of this this year i wish you all the luck man !
i appreciate it....

Dennis sorry to hear about all the issues you're having, a lot of that damage looks like broad mites maybe. I scored some Bubblegum seeds that came from you I believe so thanks for that and I hope your season gets better , last year I started late then got aphids from plants that were at my partners house and fought them forever once I finally got rid of them my season never re lily recovered. Sending good JuJu your way!!

S--- DeNNiZ! Sorry to hear you're having fungal issues at your place. I hope you can get a handle on it and don't have to nuke your grow after putting so much time and money into it. Worst case... if you have to buy new plants to start at your sister's house... the Fullerton Arboretum is having a big veggie plant sale this weekend, and they seem to have a fairly good selection of hot chiles... including Chinense' and a good selection of Mexican peppers.   http://fullertonarboretum.org/ps_veggiePalooza.php

We're pulling for ya brother!

stickman said:
S--- DeNNiZ! Sorry to hear you're having fungal issues at your place. I hope you can get a handle on it and don't have to nuke your grow after putting so much time and money into it. Worst case... if you have to buy new plants to start at your sister's house... the Fullerton Arboretum is having a big veggie plant sale this weekend, and they seem to have a fairly good selection of hot chiles... including Chinense' and a good selection of Mexican peppers.   http://fullertonarboretum.org/ps_veggiePalooza.php

We're pulling for ya brother!
Ya bugs suck. Hard to fight something not really to sure about. Will definitely try to salvage something and grow at my sisters house. I'll be working a that time for the veggiepalooza. Hoping toget some. I went to local nursery while I was a San Diego. All they had was butch T and fatalii. I'll figure it out.

Mother Nature might be telling me something. This is the second consecutive year with bad issues. Might just do veggies.

Back