• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

KiNGDeNNiZ's 2013 still with a few healthy plants and pods

so last years grow came with ups.. and a LOT of downs....but it shall not slow me down... since being introduced to the AEROGARDEN (thanks alot PINOYPRIDE) i have yet to stop sowing seeds... so my early starts have already began for next year... i will do my best to label and keep track....Aerogarden #1---sowed 11/6/121Red FDA SB ( PIC1-seeds from this years pods)2. Red FDA SB ( PIC1-seeds from this years pods)3. Red FDA SB ( PIC1-seeds from this years pods)4.5. Mustard Habanero (seeds from Pulpiteers pods)6. Fatalii-yellow (seeds from JAGs pods)7. Mustard Habanero (seeds from Pulpiteers pods)Aerogarden #2 sowed 11/01/121. Bubblegum 7 pot---- Slater1980 0/22. Malaysian goronong (tucabil) 0/33, Red Brain strain (romy6) 1/34. Jamaican Scotch bonnet (midwestchilihead) 0/25. Scotch Bonnet (jamison) 0/26. Mustard Habanero (bakers creek-rareseeds.com) 2/37. Red FDA SB ( PIC1-seeds from this years pods)Aero garden #3---sowed 10/30/12--- intially seeds thrown in soil then moved to aeropods 11/51-6----. Fatalii-yellow (seeds from JAGs pods) 6/6more pics and updates to follow
62E5DA2A-0DE5-4B8C-AD3C-7DF12AA0EDC2-7626-0000027CB49EB290.jpg
as you can see in the aerogarden... that lil clear cup was filled with about 20 seeds from JAGs fataliis.. =Dits only been 11 hrs.. and it already looks like this...alakan humus...alfalfa... worm castings.... molasses...mushroom compost...and mycoblast packet
9A182766-60EA-4AED-A496-BB06A6BE48D2-3780-000002256FDC604C.jpg
also will take a chance on cloning... thanks to PaulG and other thread who did cloning..
F2A9DA8D-F988-4886-8803-789BE9C5D07B-3780-00000225759A4318.jpg
this reaper was dampening in my aero.. so i snipped it...dipped in in rooting hormone (MG)the healthier reaper i moved from aero - soil due to aphid infestation
C12BAA2C-6A6A-4169-84E4-31CD444A632F-3780-0000022579185D36.jpg
will find a way to utilize all these goodies from the indoor garden expo
FD05A41A-0A4D-400E-9120-E1DFB59043A6-424-00000027F7C8FBE2.jpg
who needs some pectin.. i scored all these at $.54ea due to albertsons grocery closing..
93D08866-FE7E-4243-B817-D233228A242E-798-0000002F442BBB6E.jpg
CF913B46-D55E-4BDA-B8A7-75EA42139B25-3123-000000FE60414B14.jpg
this hot sauce thing is kinda fun... although the jelly seems easier
04082C8F-88A3-4593-B02B-6F931796E04B-3780-000002262FA1C599.jpg
FF5B5670-F47D-4112-AA00-F45B4C1171B3-3780-0000022630ED8CDA.jpg
and with regards to HOW young is too young to start them with peppers... heres my answer.. 4 years old
97F02D73-8F6F-4B8D-A952-76BE80CC8277-1274-0000003E510DC5F7.jpg

SilverSurfers pods.. SBJ7

with tons of seeds

mustard Hab is fighting off the bugs

will hit the plants with this

GA Growhead said:
Plants are really looking better! Hope your past the pest and disease! Pods! That's what we want to see!
one bhut in the front has new damage.. and im sure the rest may follow
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rv40iV7M83A

Love the update vid. Damn shame about the mites. I hope you can bounce back. Looks like you have some backup to say the least. Maybe at the end of the season you clear out all the overgrowth and plants and do a Bon fire to purify the soil or something. Ohhhhhh the Manzano you gave me has beautiful flowers and the BBG is setting pods. Woopieeeee
I didn't post that to be an ass fYI

Sanarda said:
Love the update vid. Damn shame about the mites. I hope you can bounce back. Looks like you have some backup to say the least. Maybe at the end of the season you clear out all the overgrowth and plants and do a Bon fire to purify the soil or something. Ohhhhhh the Manzano you gave me has beautiful flowers and the BBG is setting pods. Woopieeeee
I didn't post that to be an ass fYI
i waited in your vids for those specific updates.. GRR>... one plant in the front does have the same damage as the ones in the back :(

Some years are rougher than others KD. Looks like it's your turn for war this year. You still have lots of pods though! That SBJ7 looks perfect.

so while most are having bumper crops... i am thankful for those to send me fresh pods.. and thanks to PaulG's quote ... "every pod a victory"

guy on FB..Matthew A... has been developing peppers.. i got some pods and seeds from him.. and these are some of them.. looks like two kinds.. but not sure.. the pod i reviewed seemed to be called the PEANUT 7 pot

Lots of oil....
forgive me .. as i dont eat whole pods

my plants in the front are going well... interesting with this fatalii.. two different stalks = possible two plants...i already picked a round pod off this plant and yet heres another

PepperProblems plants (Shawn)

beside them is butch t's i got at the nursery

heres one of shawns plants... hoping they set

can i get a bump?

not as exciting as i wanted it to be at this time of year.. but ill take it

Plants in the front.. Bhuts... Fatalii... Butch T

now that my MOTHER MoA Scotch bonnet is healthy.. trying to AIRLAYER it at the same time.. all the flowers have fallen =( but its alive

my two FUNKiTALii vegging up for a late season

BRain Strain RED

unknown red and to the left.. Savannah 7

and next years project---evergreen

Thanks Jason.. that brown egg was definately something else.. cant explain it. but seeds are already in the jiffy dome =D

hope to have a late season.. thanks to all those the have slapped me in the face and tell me.. it AINT OVER YET!!

where the tomatoes used to sit .. the peppers there are doing well

their not shane's or Johns... but they're alive

JA Hab... Not chocolate scotch bonnet.. unknown

inside

Bay Leafs.. im trying to propagate

Shane.. you still think this isnt some sort of peter x?

didnt get to taste it.. but finally had a chance to harves the OSU "indigo" tomato

seeds anyone??
PepperDaddler said:
What are you doing to that MOA?

AIR LAYERING is a method of propagating.. allowing you to root it and get nutes from the mother plant so it can grow and not lose any time

Also, is evergreen a type of hab? Looks like green red savina.

NOT SURE its a PEPPERLOVER project... few more seasons

Brown egg???
GA Grow- jason grew them.. dont know ...

JoynersHotPeppers said:
A he's back bump!
 thanks.. hopeful for some harvest late

miksi said:
 got any lingon berry seeds to send me?? =D

Bodeen said:
Looking good
Thanks.. hoping for a late growlog...

I actually haven't heard of anybody growing lingon.
Checked around with family, friends and Wikipedia as well.
All came to the conclusion that lingon, along with many other berries,
are picked wild in the woods in the northern parts of the country
(quite some way from where I live) and not grown.  

So everyone just purchase the berries in the stores or
head up north/head out to pick themselves :)

Cheers, 
miksi

I'm trying to grow lingon berries, but I think my soil is too alkaline.  I have three plants that have stayed alive through the summer, but not really grown.  I think I ordered them through Jungs.

Pulpiteer said:
I'm trying to grow lingon berries, but I think my soil is too alkaline.  I have three plants that have stayed alive through the summer, but not really grown.  I think I ordered them through Jungs.
jungs?

Looking good KD! 

Every year I end up pulling up my tomato vines and setting chile plants in their place...I don't know why I even bother with tomatoes!

Back