• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Kiwi Grow Off - Heaviest weight of pods off a single plant

With a few mods they are sweet as. 25kgs of concrete per leg (it has a base?) And most important of all is to silicon every single panel all the way around. Locking the panels into place provides a wicked amount of structual integrity. The major weak point seems to be the back wall, you can stay them with a brace at about 45 degrees. Without it the backwall will flutter about abit.

Think I have some but they are from hippyseedco so maybe different traits etc will get back to you on that when I get home cheers

FireFlyNZ said:
Think I have some but they are from hippyseedco so maybe different traits etc will get back to you on that when I get home cheers
Some could be crossed also. Have you seen where Neil grows? No tunnels, no isolation nets. Just FYI, could effect results if they are not all pure (As much as possible) strains??

Yup have around 10-15 dorset naga seeds left from thsc, but would prefer to grow the same seed source as everyone else for obvious reasons, Just to put it out there everything i have grown from thsc has grown true, and as a discerning critical person such as myself i have only praise for the Neil, Luke and crew for great customer service and generosity also. (Yellow jellybeans and tabasco had 0% germination rates however). BOOOO!

thanks Swampy

Mine will go in my flood and drain. I have a hole where a cherry type pepper went bad.

This was it after set up this year.

IMAG0453%5B1%5D.jpg

Orcmie,you know that the competition starts in July right?
How do you find that flood and drain?I was looking at getting something similar from the SOG

Mine will be soil, no lights, no heat pads, 100% organic! Maybe we split the grow off into 2 parts, Hyrdo vs Soil! Rings a bell aye Paul? 10 seeds each sounds good if there are enough seeds? Also what are we going to do with all of these chillies at the end?

Swampy_NZ said:
Orcmie,you know that the competition starts in July right?
How do you find that flood and drain?I was looking at getting something similar from the SOG

yip I will chuck a clone of something in there till then but I have a spot reserved for that time.

I love the flood and drain system it beats all the previous hydro methods I have tried (dwc and top drip) . My one is loosely based on one they have here in the Sog. It's low maintenance and easy to play with the reservoir. It floods every three hours from 8 am for 3 mins. then drains back through the pump. 

I think its given me healthier roots as it pushes the stale air out and sucks fresh oxygen rich air back down into the roots.

and its a simple build.

Glad you are growing in this comp to Orcmie, best of luck!  I am updating the first post in this thread with anything note worthy.  I will try to keep a running total of weights there for each of us so it might be worth checking there occasionally.

Fire Dragon said:
Mine will be soil, no lights, no heat pads, 100% organic! Maybe we split the grow off into 2 parts, Hyrdo vs Soil! Rings a bell aye Paul? 10 seeds each sounds good if there are enough seeds? Also what are we going to do with all of these chillies at the end?

Regarding what to do with all the chillies I have a few ideas.  We could have a catch-up/bbq and do a tasting session of hot peppers/hot sauces/hot foods and seed trades.  This would be great fun but a bit rough for the south island contingent.

We could have a hot sauce competition where we each make 10 bottles of hot sauce and send them out to every other person.  That way we each end up with 10 bottles of hot sauce which we vote on. 

Errr, that is all I have got.

Back