• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Kiwi Grow Off - Heaviest weight of pods off a single plant

Hahaha that is a weed dude. The Nagas are looking good though.

I had to rip out 3 of mine as they looked really munted, but still have about 7 or 8 left that look pretty good, here are a few:
2015_08_21_18_19_09.jpg

2015_08_21_18_19_47.jpg

2015_08_21_18_20_04.jpg

HOTttASsChillies said:
Sorry guys, looks like I am out! Seedlings all got fried. (Cant work out how to upload a picture either?) 
I just have too much on right now. And too many seedlings to grow again after the move. Next time! :)
Dang that sux.Next time tough.I know how much work you have to do to get every thing back up and running again

Swampy_NZ said:
Dang that sux.Next time tough.I know how much work you have to do to get every thing back up and running again
Yup, especially with a full time job and a farm to look after. I'm not really complaining though ;) I will be watching with great interest guys!!! :D

HOTttASsChillies said:
Yup, especially with a full time job and a farm to look after. I'm not really complaining though ;) I will be watching with great interest guys!!! :D
Living the dream.

I recently converted a 1/4 acre of grass into a large garden.  I have an hour long commute and a 10/hour a day job at a minimum.  I understand your schedule.  *hats off* to you working your farm.   The struggle is real.   I don't know you, but I am proud of you.

Hey all!

It's been a long busy miserable winter for me and I'm well behind the 8 ball this season. I put my first batch of 60, comprised of just 14 cultivars down on the 27th August and had my first hooks on the 2nd of September. Which includes 4 of our competition Dorset nagas, 2 are up and running but yet to develop first true leaves and another 2 hooks that I spotted this morning.

Better late than never eh, will try to through a pic of the germination tank up soon as.

I have been pinching off flowers like crazy here! I have let a few Anuum's develop pods so i will have some fruit soon, but the Chinense plant are being cut back. Many have been potted up and are outside in the small greenhouses.
The Swampy Naga's went in last so are still the smallest of the plants.
These are all the new seeds started in May and June. Last season's plants are all outside and it will be interesting to see which of them made it through winter.

Your ones are in hydro though. My DWC one was really badly wrecked by mites, but its recovering. Its a bit taller than this one just not as bushy.

I still reckon your ones with those massive hydro tubs will take this out.

SentencedToBurn said:
Your ones are in hydro though. My DWC one was really badly wrecked by mites, but its recovering. Its a bit taller than this one just not as bushy.

I still reckon your ones with those massive hydro tubs will take this out.
Nah bro my Dorset Naga is in my outside garden.I put it in about a month ago and it hasn't even grown one bit.probably too cold

lol im waaayyyy behind this season.
The only plants of mine that are even close to flowering are overwinters from last season..

Most of my plants started from seed this season got ripped up by the dogs. (well all the pots pushed over, sifted through, and the contents scattered around the garden..)
Some were salvageable and some not with varying levels of damage...

I did have lots of Naga's, so I stuck some of the small runty ones in the ground...which was lucky because they are now my biggest and have not been attacked by dogs... 
At this point, im hoping to have flowers on the naga's,, oh maybe in march 2016? lol

nzchili said:
^nice looking plants dude.
Lots bigger than mine, lol.
They were half the size 2 weeks ago man. your ones will wake up any day. Plus I'm giving them plenty of nitrogen rich nutes, on top of the 10% chicken crap in the soil. So these plants better keep cranking it.

Looks like I'm out. My last one died over the break in the the Hydro (just never really liked it). I have just had bad luck with all of my plants this year too much time spent away with my honeymoon and Xmas.

Back