• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Kratky or DWC? What's your experience and preference?

I must say that I'm impressed with the growth on those Kratky plants.
Inspiring and motivating me to get the big 220L / 55Gal drums and set that up for my Kratky plants this year.

HydroPepper said:
I must say that I'm impressed with the growth on those Kratky plants.
Inspiring and motivating me to get the big 220L / 55Gal drums and set that up for my Kratky plants this year.
My plan is to use some 55 gal drums next year. I may even try to do another outside Kratky grow with a large tank I bought a few years ago. Maybe put 2 or 3 plants in it. It is a pre-used one like this in 275 gal. size.

EAF82B8E-BAF2-48F2-9FC5-F118BCBED3A7.png

skullbiker said:
My plan is to use some 55 gal drums next year. I may even try to do another outside Kratky grow with a large tank I bought a few years ago. Maybe put 2 or 3 plants in it. It is a pre-used one like this in 275 gal. size.

Geez! And I thought I was ambitious going with 55 gallon drums! More power to you man! If you go that route make sure to document it as they grow so we can follow along and see how they do.

FITN said:
Geez! And I thought I was ambitious going with 55 gallon drums! More power to you man! If you go that route make sure to document it as they grow so we can follow along and see how they do.
I bought that tank for $50 about 15 years ago to haul around and water new tree plantings. Has not been used since then, so I might as well use it for something. I see them on craigslist yet for 75 and up.

skullbiker said:

attachicon.gif

Sweet.
Planned on using something like that as a nutrient reservoir when I set up my greenhouse Dutch bucket system.

skullbiker said:
I bought that tank for $50 about 15 years ago to haul around and water new tree plantings. Has not been used since then, so I might as well use it for something. I see them on craigslist yet for 75 and up.
If you've got one laying around and have the room to use it, why not. Unfortunately I don't have the real estate needed to be able to store something that big. Some day maybe but not now. My wife is very patient and understanding with the amount of room my plants take up as it is.

Back