KY boy living in Orlando

Hi All,

I'm new to growing anything but just bought my first house and now that I have a yard and a warm climate I have decided to give peppers a shot.  My friends and I compete in the Orlando Chili Cook-off every year, more for fun than anything. We always try to make it as hot as possible but have been limited to habaneros grown locally.  I have order some Carolina Reaper seeds and have about 15 sprouts so far.  I just transferred them to some 3 inch pots and will let them grow there a bit before planting them in my back yard. Hopefully next years chili will bring a few tears to the judges eyes :)

I'll post some pics as the plants begin to mature.

:welcome:  to the THP forums from SC!! Best of luck in the cookoff competitions! If your looking to win... judges usually don't like really spicy/hot batches- especially 'melt your face off' hot! (that would = the end of their judging for the day) BUT if you are in it just for fun (want to light them up... give em' the burn) - go for it!  :twisted:

Hope you get a great harvest!

Welcome aboard shipmate!! Hahaha well reapers might be a little heavy duty!! As Alchymystic pointed out OUCH!! Maybe to hot!! Make two pots one for judging and one for the chili head's!!! :)
Good luck on your grow and keep us posted!! :)
Murrells Inlet SC

il_214x170.861165075_8mr1_zps9oclkz0z.jpg

Welcome! Do yourself a favor and try to hook up with Sirex and Student of Spice, who are both in your area. REAL good guys who can put you on to some very cool stuff.

Welcome to Orlando! Might have a few extra Trinidad 7 Pot Primo and White Fatalii seedlings around Feb, would rather give them to a good home then get rid of them.

Back