• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

condiment Lanacoora Chillies "Smoky Chilli Mayonnaise"

The other day i went to the Sawtell chilli festival to have a look around and see what the go is cause ive never been to a chilli festival before and who knows what id find..

So im cruising the place and come up to the Lanacoora Chillies tent, stop and have a look and see Sliced Fresh Fatali's on watercrackers,, Yeaaaaaaaa and Others and i dunno what to have, then i notice the lady smiling and introduces herself,, Its Katrina whom runs Lanacoora, so we start chatting (as ya do) and im looking at all the fresh pods and Hugeee too and notice a few jars that are constantly being tipped to fill up the sample bowls, i have to like stop mid convo and ask if i could try some before i miss out (as was sampled then bought) and would run out at that rate

i didn't make it to the second 1 cause the first was amazing, No it was Better and i had to have more plus ask What it was, it must have looked funny me jamming crackers in my mouth covered in this stuff and trying to talk at the same time..

It was Creamy and smoooth, slightly tangy,, Smokey but Diff than Usual smoke taste and WOW it lingerssss Yumm and a Touch of heat mild-mid

It Was Thissss

lanacooramayo.jpg

Lanacoora Chillies "Smoky Chilli Mayonnaise"

I had to do this as if i did a Vid test all it would be would be of me making weird grunting noises and drooling everywhere and wouldn't be interesting at all And i wanted Everybody to know how Excellent this is..

heres whats in it Mayonnaise(soybean & canola oil, corn syrup,eggs, water, white vinegar, salt, lemon juice, herbs & spices) Coriander, sour cream, chillies, onion, tomato paste, sugar, salt, garlic, spices

i was extremely lucky to get a jar before it sold out and 1/2 way through it, its actually big,, 300gms, im surpised its lasted as i keeep having it like a dip, so im Rapt as usually i get something i like and its gone as not much..

on opening a fresh slight tang hits the nostrils and the drool starts, so i get a cracker and a big scoop and whack it in,,Awwwwwwww its like an explosion of flavour,, a fruitish tang combined with the creamyness it just melts all through my mouth the diff tastes come out as the spices, coriander, keep changing till its gone down the throat, then a smooth smoky flavour comes out and Geez its nice (bit on that in a sec) and as thats lingering , i can feel a burn bout low-mid heat at the back of my throat that moves a bit forward and givesa bit of a tounge tingle and slight lip glow.. the smokey taste is still lingering as my whole mouth has a nice lil glow,, That taste wow I had to ask and its cause the chillis that its made with are smoked with Gum wood, giving it that Fantastic Flavour with an Australian Twist

This is absolutly Amazing, and to give it another test (why not, in the name of science) Had to do it with Food.. Hmm Ok What ?

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Hot chips from the shop, with Mayo and Pain2 (this should be good)

ok get all 3 itemss,, Chips Lanacoora smoky chilli mayo and Bent's Pain 2

painmayochips.jpg

Ok get a Chip, dip in Mayo then into Pain2 :)

painmayochips1.jpg

OMG

oh my , No Way This is unbelievable, the Pain taste and tang straight up yea, then a sec later the creammy smoky flavour comes through Ooooohhh aawwwwwwww and its warm, after bout half dozen the mouth and throat have a nice glow and that smokey taste Lingersssssss,,oh this is heaven.

So thanks Lanacoora Sooo Much for making the Smoky Chilli Mayonnaise, its one of the nicest things ive tried and can't wait for my next heavenly food encounter with it..

catch ya's at a festival soon, il be the 1 hogging the mayo sample bowl hahahahaha

all the best guys
neil
THSC

their website is www.lanacoora-chillies.com.au

Sorry i actually don't know

email and ask can't hurt, Katrina is reallly coool and i think we have Express OS post over here, so mabeee :)

Looks great mang!

Me tooooo...I consistantly mutilate good 'ol Best Foods (Hellmans for ya easterners) mayo with all manner of spices.

The current fave is a blend of curry powder, garlic and onion powder, Bih/Savina/Birdseye powder, and dash of sea salt and pepper. RoX0rz with fries. :)

Oh, I tried mixing the NagaSav and mayo for a burger..was yummo too.

cheers,

~QS

Twice now I have run into ppl at the Lanacoora stand. This time HippySeed was there, last year at the Byron Bay festival I met BB at the stall lol.
Katrina does great work, she slices up a range of fresh chillies and lays them out on water crackers with a little cream cheese from Jalos down one end of the table to Fatallis at the other & the public just crowd along & try out all the flavours & heat levels.
I'd say she single handedly converts a few hundred ppl an hour to a life of chillidom - big applause for Katrina :clap:

Funny Hippy saying that he tried that & didnt get to the other because I tried the other & didnt get to the mayo :D

The other is Smoky Chipotle in Spicy Adobo

Ingredients: Smoked Jalapeno, vinegar, onion, tomato paste, sugar, salt, garlic, spices.

On opening it smells like the perfect BBQ, sweet but not sugary, smoky with a tinge of eye watering.

Taste: awww...i'm gonna have to eat some more poor me :P Now instead of chips I'm just going with the multi-grain bread from the bakery, tear a strip off & dunk. Its sticks to the bread really nicely - theres lots of chunks of chilli, tomato & onion & Jalo seeds. The sweet smoky flavor hits instantly then a slight burn at the back of the tongue...mmmm....more...now my whole tongue is tingling, nose is a little runny & that smoky flavor...OMG

o.k put it away...its gold. Now what can I say...this is authentic 'cold smoked' Jalos done on their farm by very nice people. The quality is outstanding, flavor addictive.

Delicious!

Well done Katrina & everyone at Lanacoora.

hahahahahaha yea ill get a few of them too when i get some more Mayo.

Oh yea,, there was another Product too that they Have,, Im sweating Now actually as went to the shed to get something and had some of the garage supply :onfire:

So Ill go take a Pic and Show every1 :)

Ok Ok,, Ever the Inquisitive Vegemite whilst chatting i noticed some dried stuff there at the Stand,,"Ooooooo what are those "

Gum Smoked Chipotle,, the red 1's give a deeper colour at the end at the end of the process, and with time drying in the Aussie sun, the end result is an intense deep maroon colour with a strong smoky, hot aroma and an amazing smoky hot taste..

ChipotleLanacoora.jpg

The Taste has to be tried to be Believed.. its used in both the Mayo and the Spicy Adobo,, i so hate that smoky taste im accustomed to,, THIS IS COMPLETLY DIFFERENT and i love it,, must be the Aussie Gum trees used to smoke it Dunno but its Sensational, the 2 in the pic are all i have atm till the order goes in, 1 is in the Garage(office) and 1 on kitchen window sill, so i just grab have a nibble and get that Taste,, That Taste Yea, and cause its dried its concentrated the Heat, so they Rip too and that lil nibble, fills the whole mouth with Both that lingering smoky taste and a nice burn that Lingers too, These are The bested thing as Taste great, good burn are Dried so Last Ages, and can be rehydrated in 30 min to add That Amazing Flavour to any Cooking...

hahahaha im sweating and Foggged up now,

they sell these toooo i think..

yea Liquid smoke, I HATE THAT yet every time i got to buy something that says bbq, its got that crap taste,, now i can get some of these and keep in cupboard, then chop and just add to stuff, very very coool..

i was gonna put in an order but people keeep wanting to add their order in, got to get bout dozen mayo so far lol

My number one homemade lunch is taking a can of chicken, some mayo and the hot sauce of choice and mixing it all together, mashing it so all the chunks are gone and the chicken can totally absorb the mayo and hot sauce. I love it! I can see why this mayo would be a hit. Kraft had a spicy mayo I used to buy. It just was tastier, not really spicy at all, but better flavor.

sounds great buddah, don't have canned chicken here but some cold bbq chicken mixed with prob be the same on a big crusty rolll

now ya talkin,, off to water plants for an Hr or so then might make 1 :)

Yes, the mayo was sublime.

Didn't get a jar myself, but as have Mortgage and Child Support to pay,

I was lucky just to make it to the festival.

Next time in QLD, will be popping into see Lanacoora Chillies.

I was wondering where my Jalapino Chipotle went too?

Catch ya's

Back