Land of the Mid-Knight Son

welcome to the boards! glad you both made it back from iraq ok. i'm thinking of joining the navy here pretty soon...just have to get in shape. as well as afew other things..but losing this beer gut will take plenty of time. (especially since i'm drinking a beer as i type this...at least its a lager. :) )

Are you near Talkeetna? Some staion there is playing my band's CD. Just curious.

chilliman64 said:
gday John, welcome aboard. this is the coolest hot place around!

Mark

No worries mate, thanks.....bet you have a great recipe for muddies. The wife and I drove the price of them up when we visited Makay and Earlie (sp) beach. Have a 4X for us.

John:onfire:
Alaska Hot

Pam said:
Welcome from another newbie.

So, do you grow your peppers in a green house? I'd be very interested in learning about your production methods.

I'm in the south, so I have a nice growing season; but I'm always looking for ways to make it longer at both ends without an enormous financial investment.

No green house yet....lots of white ones around though (yukyuk). For now I am buying everything from wholesale distributor. Not a lot of peppers growing up here that I have found. We are doing it the hard way.......one batch at a time. Don't want to go with a co producer (not any up here in the land of the frozen chosen that I know of), because we are marketing our product as Made in Alaska.
Interesting string from some guys that do grow a few peppers here, they claim that roughing up the pepper plants makes the peppers hotter, one guy even swats his plants with a fly swater.
Not real sure if that works or not.

Alaska Hot

texas blues said:
Welcome aboard! I myself have only recently moved from AK after 28 years.// By the way it is 74 degrees today! Where in AK are you? You ready to go fishing?
Cheers and welcome.

Thanks, I live here in Anchor Town now, just up from Kenai, We opened a B&B here in Mid-Town for slope workers (North Slope Manor) so between working on the Slope on 2 off 2, running the B&B, making knives and hot sauce....not much time left for fishing right now. But when the Reds hit the Kenai I will be out there every day. 37 here this morning, spring is in the air. If you make it back up this way let me know.....we'll go out and drag in a King or Hallibutt, depending on the time.

xgrafcorex said:
welcome to the boards! glad you both made it back from iraq ok. i'm thinking of joining the navy here pretty soon...just have to get in shape. as well as afew other things..but losing this beer gut will take plenty of time. (especially since i'm drinking a beer as i type this...at least its a lager. ;) )

Hey, glad to be back, though I really do miss it. Would go back tonight if I could. Good luck with the decision....Navy, Army, whatever...I did 24 with the Sr Service plus 2 in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom. Had lots of opportunities to drink lots of bier in lots of different places.

Alaska Hot

Alaska Hot said:
New guy on board:shocked: . Found the site here doing some research and looks like a cool place. Just getting started with this on a production scale. Being in Alaska it is a bit more difficult but hey, somebody had to do it.

Keep up the good work and I'll keep you posted from the top side of the world.

Could use some help on finding bottles at a reasonable price. $1.45 each up here:mouthonfire: .

Thanks
John
Welcome John!
Good to see another maker venturing forth over the frozen Tundra.
We're melted pretty much down here in Saskatchewan, not that the weather even compares to Alaska, but I feel your winter pain somewhat.
Bottles $1.45, is that U.S. dollars?? I wonder what freight would be from me to you. We might be able to hook you up with mass quantities of bottles if you can find a freight company that goes to Alaska for less than your first born. :)
Shoot me a PM and perhaps we can do some business.
Come on in....the water's fine...;)

Hey Uncle Big, Thanks.
Sent you a PM.....Yep, that's $1.45 US.
It is starting to thaw here also, still have 2+ feet of snow in some places in the yard, but enough room to pull the boat out and get her ready to float. The ice is still on the lakes but the harbor is thawed and I need to get some fish spit back on the boat before she goes through withdrawals.

Back