• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Las Cruces Chile

I made a small order with Pepper Joe's this year because I was really interested in the Charleston Hot, but I decided to throw in a couple of other varieties just for the hell of it. One is the Las Cruces and the other is a Pumpkin Hab. Neither of which I can find much info on. Does he rename certain pepper's to make it look like he has them exclusively? Has anybody ever grown the Las Cruces Chile? What the hell is it?

Everybody renames chiles to suit his own ends.

Taxonomy of chiles is just bad and renaming known varieties by purveyors doesn't help.

From Pepper Joe's site:

"TABAGO SEASONING PEPPER
The name sez it all! A super Hot Pepper for seasoning a variety of Hot-n-Spicy dishes like Chili, Pizza, Spaghetti Sauce, etc. If you're looking for a Chile that is fairly hot, but not TOO hot with plenty of Zest and Flavor...YOU FOUND IT. A must have for all Chileheads that prize good food.
It's beautiful music when you can blend Good Food and Hot Chiles. They just GO together...like Romeo and Juliett....or Ham and eggs...

Tobago Seasoning..fairly hot? C'mon now.

My Tobago seasoning last year was very hot. There are just so many types going around wrongfully labelled as Trini or Tobago seasoning.

POTAWIE said:
My Tobago seasoning last year was very hot. There are just so many types going around wrongfully labelled as Trini or Tobago seasoning.

...as was mine. In fact, good enough to grow again this year:)

Back