• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

overwintering Last day of winter in Australia ! And my last winter harvest.

:onfire: THE LAST DAY OF WINTER TODAY !!:onfire:
Time for us Aussie to get planting :shocked:

May our plants teach us to listen and love
with our eyes and noses,
with our tongues and bare toeses,
GOODLUCK TO ALL THIS SEASON !

Last winter harvest.
I thought I might pick the last of any fruit from a few of my overwintered plants. No super hots... and the quality is average as I have not had much TLC and obviously it has been cold.
310.jpg

Yup the time is right! Im getting excited about all the new varieties i will be growing and already have about 70 plants with true leaves so it shouls be a good start to the season!

Oh I can't wait!!!!!!!

I have a garden full of overwintered chillis and another 10 that got repotted, and all are getting new shoots......and then 15 new ones that will be gradually transplanted to bigger pots over the next 2 months then some go in the garden and some will go in pots.....

And all my tomatoes will be going in the garden in the next 2 weeks....:woohoo:

Nova.....I'll let you know what I have left are all my planting if you want anything????? won't be much but I'll let you know.

I'd be happy to have any kind of winter harvest Chilliman. Good to see the warmer weather is just around the corner. I've had 6 Jalapenos outside since Saturday and they seem to be quite happy with their new surrounds. I think I'll wait a few weeks yet before I get the rest out. It was getting a little cramped inside and the Jalapenos had to go.

SeeYouJimmy said:
I'd be happy to have any kind of winter harvest Chilliman. Good to see the warmer weather is just around the corner. I've had 6 Jalapenos outside since Saturday and they seem to be quite happy with their new surrounds. I think I'll wait a few weeks yet before I get the rest out. It was getting a little cramped inside and the Jalapenos had to go.

Sounds fair....Sacrifice the jals first...and hope they live....:lol:

That's it Moyboy. I had 8 of them to begin with and I've given one away so I still have 1 inside. They're over a foot tall now so I didn't have any option really. They're in a miniature greenhouse for now and look fine, even at 6am. Good to see some of your plants survived the winter. All my habs are cactus but I didn't have much hope for them anyway.

Last day of winter? Technically the last day of winter in the Southern Hemisphere is September 21, and then the Vernal equinox is the day after.:P ;)

This post really brought a smile to my face. I played fastpitch softball for over 20 years here in Texas. Each year a few New Zealanders would come over to play and would talk about our summer being their winter, I had forgotten about that. We had a high of 87 yesterday which was a break from the humid heat we have been having. Felt really great and my peppers have been doing awesome. Here's hoping you have a great summer harvest.

DAMN YOU AUSSIES!!!!! You can grow that many pods in frickin winter? Not possible here in NC, unless there's a species that flowers best during the snow! :lol:

Scott Roberts said:
Last day of winter? Technically the last day of winter in the Southern Hemisphere is September 21, and then the Vernal equinox is the day after.:P ;)

I'm not saying you're wrong but how can that be...Technically when going by the world calender and seasonal cycles the start of our spring is Today (01/09/2009)????? Just after a little more info!!!

FiveStar said:
DAMN YOU AUSSIES!!!!! You can grow that many pods in frickin winter? Not possible here in NC, unless there's a species that flowers best during the snow! :lol:

I have heaps of siam's and Golden Cayenne's ripen over winter. Not what I would call world class chillis but it was good to have fresh pods for dinner through winter....:D

moyboy said:
I'm not saying you're wrong but how can that be...Technically when going by the world calender and seasonal cycles the start of our spring is Today (01/09/2009)????? Just after a little more info!!!

I believe most countries besides Australia start their seasons on the 21st, to coincide with the autumn and spring equinox and the winter and summer solstices.

SeeYouJimmy said:
I believe most countries besides Australia start their seasons on the 21st, to coincide with the autumn and spring equinox and the winter and summer solstices.

Indeed, you are correct. First day of summer for us is the day (around the 20th or 21st of June depending) that has the most amount of sunlight the entire year. And winter starts on the darkest day (somewhere around Dec 21).

SeeYouJimmy said:

Oh really well there you go.:)

See I have learnt something new...:lol:

Back