• If you have a question about commercial production or the hot sauce business, please post in The Food Biz.

Last min chocolate Senegal hot sauce

So after picking close to 200 peppers on Saturday at the pepper festival in bowers PA. I decided to make a sauce using chocolate senegals and organic coconut vinegar, rest of the recipe uses fresh squeezed lemon juice, sea salt, fresh ground black pepper, garlic, onion, sugar and a little bit of honey. This was a test sauce to see how well coconut vinegar is. Hope for the best :-)
36c01d42.jpg

Well this sauce turned out perfect, maybe to hot for some but not to me. I went through a bottle just by putting it on chips. Coconut vinegar I would say has a better taste then distilled white vinegar

Well this sauce turned out perfect, maybe to hot for some but not to me. I went through a bottle just by putting it on chips. Coconut vinegar I would say has a better taste then distilled white vinegar

Interesting on the coconut vinegar, I also haven't seen this before. Does it have a strong flavor at all? I personally don't like the prominent taste of apple cider vinegar so I avoid it in my sauces and often use rice or white vinegar. I've thought about using something else.

Interesting on the coconut vinegar, I also haven't seen this before. Does it have a strong flavor at all? I personally don't like the prominent taste of apple cider vinegar so I avoid it in my sauces and often use rice or white vinegar. I've thought about using something else.

I actually haven't noticed any coconut flavor, I dont like apple cider either. It makes it to sweet and musty. I do use rice vinegar very often because I get it by the gallon. I have various kinds of peppers sitting in rice vinegar to make pepper vinegar. Plus my friend is making me wine vinegar from grapes that is distilled that tastes awesome so far

Back