• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

Latest Haul

Just arrived from peppers.com, mix of natural sauces (mostly naga based)

5809485577_3344aa1091_z.jpg

Sauces (from left to right)

Acid Rain #10 Limited Edition:
Hatari pepper, Habañero peppers, Piquin peppers, Ring of Fire, Peri-Peri, Tepin and Jalapeño peppers as well as garlic, ginger, spices, salt, lemon, lime and orange juices & vinegar.

Naga Soreass:
Chilies (Red Savina, Naga Jolokia), vinegar, onion, tomatoes, lemon juice, garlic, salt, spices.

CaJohns Fatalii Puree:
Fatalii Chiles, distilled vinegar, citric acid and ascorbic acid (Vitamin C).

Holy Jolokia (CPI):
Vinegar sugar Bhut Jolokia Chiles, salt, granulated garlic, lemon extract, xanthan gum (natural thickener).

As I posted on the "Holy Jolokia...thoughts?" thread

Just cracked mine open, full of vinegar with little heat/flavor.
Seems they skimped on the pepper content to save production costs.

-Peter

Not recommended, much better sauces out there.

Blair's Pure Death with Jolokia:
Habañero Chili Pods, Naga Jolokia, Vinegar, & Hawaiian Red Salt.

Undertaker:
Naga Bhut Jolokia, Jamaica Reds, vinegar, salt, sugar, corn starch, & spices.

Aroma: bhut with vinegar and hab hints

Flavor: Immediately warm sweet bhut with vinegar. Followed by a strong building tongue burn lingering for a few minutes; leaving the flavor of creole spices as the heat subsides.

Texture: Smooth thick sauce with bits of seeds and pepper pulp.

Heat: 6-7 with a table spoon test. Decent satisfying burn even for my higher tolerance.

Recommended.... definitely going to be included in future orders.

Melinda's Naga:
Naga Jolokia Peppers, carrots, papayas, lime juice, vinegar, onions, passion fruit, citric acid, garlic, & salt

Tasting notes and opinions to come as I work my way though :onfire:

-Peter

Are some of those extract sauces??

Thinking of trying the CaJohns Fatalli puree.

Sitting here watching...
Nice Haul

I really like the Holy Jolokia. At first I thought it tasted a little tart but the more I used it the more I liked it.

If it's a Blair's product, then I can tell you what it tastes like....vinegar.

Vinegar has it's place in the food world. I like it if it's used on the proper types of foods.

....the nasty extracty flavors of most Blair's products? Not so much. (but even those have their culinary uses)

:cool:

I'd like to know what you think of the Melinda's Naga Jolokia.
That's one of the few Melinda's sauces I have yet to try.

I'd like to know what you think of the Melinda's Naga Jolokia.
That's one of the few Melinda's sauces I have yet to try.

The Melinda's Naga Jolokia is awesome.

I'd give it about a 7 or 8 on the heat scale. I can take a teaspoon of it straight and not hurt too bad. The flavor has a nice sweetness to it in addition to the Naga. The heat will linger for awhile but I find myself going back for more after about 10 minutes. I would definitely recommend this sauce.

Now we need Marie Sharps to step up and put out a Naga sauce.

Are some of those extract sauces??

Thinking of trying the CaJohns Fatalli puree.

Sitting here watching...
Nice Haul
Sorry for the late reply, just got back home.

so, the Fatalli puree:

Aroma: Sweet simple Fatalli with a touch of vinegar

Flavor: Fatalli and vinegar with a bit more sweetness than expected.

Texture: Thin and runny, and in my opinion shouldn't be marketed as puree.

Heat: 4-5 (with a table spoon test) focused tongue and slight back of the throat burn, subsiding quickly.

Good sauce...but it is in need of increased pepper content.

That Melinda's naga jolokia is pretty good... it is a bit too fruity with the papaya and passion-fruit and that intensifies a bit if you don't always refrigerate it.... there is no keep refrigerated message on it but I think mine got a bit stronger on the fruit flavor side after being out of the fridge for the past few weeks.

I think if they backed off the fruit a little more, the taste of the peppers would show through more as well.

I AGREE!!!!! MARIE SHARP'S NEEEEEEEEEDS TO COME OUT WITH SOME TASTY HOTTER THAN BEWARE SAUCES!!!!!!!

I also don't care for the harder seeds in it.. but that is a Melindas thing... they seem to have harder seeds in their sauces for some reason... I haven't experienced this in other sauces though even with some of the seedier ones... they tend to be more mushy than chewy and I hardly notice seeds in any other sauces than the melindas ones.

I should try that Hatari Bros Acid Rain.... they are based in my city too... their sauces are generally pretty good too... perhaps not as hot as I'd like all the time for the level they rate them at.. but they are really quite good.

Back