• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Lawrence's Hixson 2014 Glog

I have some big plans for the 2014 season coming up. Already have the layout scheduled and supplies bought So heres's a list of what I'll be growing in the superhot area.

* Brown Moruga Scorpion​
* Chocolate Morugs Scorp.​
* Caramel Moruga Scorp.​
* Red Moruga Scorpion​
* Red Moruga Satan Strn.​
* Yellow Moruga Scorp.​
Brown Naglah​
* Red Naglah​
Chocolate Bhutlah​
* 7 Pot Primo​
* 7 Pot Brain Strain Red​
* 7 Pot Brain Strain Yellow​
* 7 Pot Brown​
* 7 Pot Bubblegum​
* 7 Pot Douglah​
* 7 Pot Douglah Red​
* UN Brain Strain Cross​
* Sepia Serpent​
* Carolina Reaper​
* Jays Ghost Scorpion Red​
* Brazil Ghost Pepper​
* Douglah X Butch T crs.​
 * Brazilian Brain Strain​

I will have 12 plants of each type growing and a few other crosses I have been working on to see how those work out, namely a Bhut Scorp x Reaper and Red Moruga x Bhut Scorpion. So we shall see!

The garden from this year is just about finished so tear down will start in a week or so and into the compost it goes. So once I get it torn down and winterized I will get some more photos up. As for now does anyone know if any good places to buy cheap ski around the Chattanooga area!

You are planting 12 plants of each of those???? Man that is a lot of heat. I can barely deal with the production of the 50 plants I do have going.

And that is just your superhots :shocked: :shocked: Can't wait to see the rest of the list.

You got a lot of stuff i'm going to grow too.  I'm only doing one plant of each type.  I will under or around 100 plants for next year.  If they all sprout!

I have 2000 sq. ft. just for my super hots in raised beds, while i'll plant some other superhots in a side garden thats around 5000 sq ft. so i'll end up planting a ton of peppers. 

I'm trying to get some fellow growers around the area to help me out but we'll see!

Oh and if anyone knows where to get any chocolate brain strains and chocolate primos that would be great!

Yeah they are! the chocolates are a bit more bitter in some cases but to me just as hot and the chocolates have a different flavor than the browns

Here's what my plots will look like for next season! I cannot thank members on here enough for providing seeds for this large of a grow. Judy of course, Vincent, Fords Fiery Foods, Old Barn Nursery, and the list goes on! 

This is my main plot which comes in holding just at 300 plants, I have grown many more that that in here but I do not want to over crowd them, so 300 on this one will do. As I said before 12 plants per species so I will have quite a few....

10450588546_112316e0a3_b.jpg

Next we have the side lot, which is a lot smaller so I want to use it for crosses that people would like to send me to stabilize or random other peppers that I have seeds from. 

10450591686_fc4734462d_b.jpg

As well with the Jonah section I will have the 7 Pot Savannah planted there too. And...the Jigsaw to try it out. 

Here's my DWC Brown Moruga that will go into the greenhouse once it warms up in the Spring.

I'm thinking of using rock wool cubes the 1.5" cubes until I transplant them into 4" pots then in the ground they go! So now i need to find the best place to buy rock wool blocks, and the cheapest place to buy 4" pots for the greenhouse. If anyone has a good place to buy these things please let me know! 

I'll need 350 1.5" rock wool blocks, they come in sheets of 98 I think? As well as 350-400 4" pots, I honestly do not care if they are not the best quality because I'll just be using them as transplant pots. 

10652508284_e065c318cb_z.jpg

Have an update for my grow! Put some of my seedlings started a few months ago into smart pots today and they seem to be doing great! All of my equipment is in for my seedlings I'm gonna plant in a few weeks. I'll have around 500 seedlings at this point in a few days germinating and I'm quite excited! But here's my list updated from last time. 

I'll get photos of the greenhouse tomorrow with the Smart Pots.

Here's my updated list! ​

* Brown Moruga Scorpion​
24​
 ​
 ​
 ​
* Chocolate Morugs Scorp.​
24​

* Caramel Moruga Scorp.​
12​

* Red Moruga Scorpion​
12​