• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Leaf Curl, HELP

Today I noticed curling leafs on a Numex Suave plant. The plant is 7 weeks old. It has been fertilized once, 2 weeks ago with liquid seaweed ferts, half strength. I'm growing 6 different varieties, all the plants have been treated the same but only the Numex is suffering from this. Any ideas??

DSC00088.jpg

DSC00089.jpg

How much are you watering...
Have u used calmag it looks like some of the leaves are bumpy.
What kind of soil is in there.
Have u ever tested ph of ur soil

How much are you watering...
Have u used calmag it looks like some of the leaves are bumpy.
What kind of soil is in there.
Have u ever tested ph of ur soil

It's definitely not over watering.

I have never used calmag, I can't get it here in Thailand. I have got Epsom salts and calcium made from burnt egg shells dissolved in vinegar. I will give it a spray tonight.

The soil is 30% compost,30% coco coir, 30% rice hulls (I can't get perlite), 3.3% worm castings, 3.3% organic ferts made from sugar cane and 3.3% fruit bat guano. The PH is neutral.

Just a thought could it be heat related? It's high 90's here at the moment.

I've flushed the plant with gallons of water and given a spray with calcium and epsom. Hope this helps.

What I can't figure out is why is this problem only showing up on the Numex and not the other varieties? All my plants are in the same soil mix and bean treated the same.

Any ideas??

I've flushed the plant with gallons of water and given a spray with calcium and epsom. Hope this helps.

What I can't figure out is why is this problem only showing up on the Numex and not the other varieties? All my plants are in the same soil mix and bean treated the same.

Any ideas??

I'm having a similar issue with mine. The Hungarian Wax seems to be producing OK but my Orange Habs and Caribbean Reds are growing kind of funky at the top and dropping lots of flowers. The soil mixture is exactly the same for all of them. I posted yesterday but haven't gotten a response.
DSC00563.JPG
DSC00565.JPG

I have the same issue with my chili plant, 5 of em, have curly leaf, new leaf grow is strange looking, and also the plant is stunt. After close inspection it's mite and aphid's it's been almost 2 week now. Because i want to keep it organic so i use home mix:
this is a 1 lt mix and diluted in 5 lt

- 2 spoon of sugar
- 1 spoon dish soap
- 1 tsp vinegar
- 1 tsp cooking oil

3 day's apart spray misting on top and bellow the leaf and to the ground for a week (or untill you see no aphid's or mite), next day after spraying watered the ground until it soak (to rinse the soil from the mix) do them at the evening, so your leaf dont burn because of the heat. cmiiw

If you guys find a solution to this let me know. I have been having this proble since the start. Mostly on my Hab's and it seems to be the shoulders or the broad side of the leaves that roll upward. Here are a few pics. I'd love to know what causes this

IMG_9851.jpg

IMG_3849.jpg

IMG_6109.jpg

They seem to be otherwise healthy. I have watered with Calmag and just maybe the newer growth is better waiting for it to develope a little to know

If you guys find a solution to this let me know. I have been having this proble since the start. Mostly on my Hab's and it seems to be the shoulders or the broad side of the leaves that roll upward. Here are a few pics. I'd love to know what causes this

IMG_9851.jpg

IMG_3849.jpg

IMG_6109.jpg

They seem to be otherwise healthy. I have watered with Calmag and just maybe the newer growth is better waiting for it to develope a little to know

It could also just be the seeds, Two of my plants have leaf curl and both are Doughlas. All the other verieties are fine!

to know when you have mites is when your leaves start to curl downwards and new growth start to look like hooks. sometimes you see the top of the leaves to have some shiny brown coating on the leaves.

most of the time upwards curl means too much water...

and bumpy leafs ... hungry for calcium...

weirds shape new growths usually means ... too much nitogen ferts...

Let me know if anyone irons this out. I've seen this problem a lot including in my own plants but the solutions are always all over the place. Some convinced its calcium others that its watering but its such a common problem I'm trying to figure out if there's an easy fix.

I have a feeling that this is issues with nutrient transport. It always happens on new leaves and seems to fix itself if you water and fertilize evenly. Ca might help but I think its much more likely to be an issue with how evenly you water/fert.

Let me know if anyone irons this out. I've seen this problem a lot including in my own plants but the solutions are always all over the place. Some convinced its calcium others that its watering but its such a common problem I'm trying to figure out if there's an easy fix.

I have a feeling that this is issues with nutrient transport. It always happens on new leaves and seems to fix itself if you water and fertilize evenly. Ca might help but I think its much more likely to be an issue with how evenly you water/fert.
Not saying you're wrong but it is only happening to a specific veriety of plant in which I'm growing, which is the Doughlah. Im going to try watering a little less and see what happens. I also looked under the leaves and saw some white spots, which were not aphids. It is something related to over watering. Only my douglah plants have both symptoms.

Back