• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Leaf Curl, HELP

my plants on hydro are curling downward. What is causing it?
20120215_200645-1.jpg

20120215_200612-1.jpg

Not saying you're wrong but it is only happening to a specific veriety of plant in which I'm growing, which is the Doughlah. Im going to try watering a little less and see what happens. I also looked under the leaves and saw some white spots, which were not aphids. It is something related to over watering. Only my douglah plants have both symptoms.
white spots ?? does it look spiral ?? could be white fly eggs ?? smash them all...

Was reading some of the the other green plant forums and they talk about poor drainage and/or mag deficency being the cause of this curling.

white spots ?? does it look spiral ?? could be white fly eggs ?? smash them all...

Nahhh, its from over watering

Was reading some of the the other green plant forums and they talk about poor drainage and/or mag deficency being the cause of this curling.

hmmm I dont know if that sounds right, since its only the 2 plants of the same variety of mine that have it. I'm not completely ruling it out though. I'm leaning a bit more towards over watering. Spanky look under your leaves that are curled and tell me if you see any white specs around the veins in you leaves

Nahhh, its from over watering

hmmm I dont know if that sounds right, since its only the 2 plants of the same variety of mine that have it. I'm not completely ruling it out though. I'm leaning a bit more towards over watering. Spanky look under your leaves that are curled and tell me if you see any white specs around the veins in you leaves

Yea I will when I get home. White specs heh?

ya its a little bit of edema

First off tonight my leaf curl is way worse than its been before. It has doubled in severity in 24 hours. Yes some of them show edema but not all of them. Some have what look like hairs along the veins . How do we overcome edema? I'm thinking about potting up a little early, maybe in 5 gallon pots. I've got a couple of Jalapeños that have edema bad I'm thinking about plucking them altogether .

First off tonight my leaf curl is way worse than its been before. It has doubled in severity in 24 hours. Yes some of them show edema but not all of them. Some have what look like hairs along the veins . How do we overcome edema? I'm thinking about potting up a little early, maybe in 5 gallon pots. I've got a couple of Jalapeños that have edema bad I'm thinking about plucking them altogether .

It could be poor drainage in your potting mix. How many of your plants have leaf curl? Did you pack the potting mix when you planted them? If so dont pack the potting mix leave it loose, so it will have better drainage and allow the roots to breathe. What type of potting mix are you using? that could also be a factor. I'd cut back on the watering for a bit and see how they respond to it. If you are using poor potting mix and or packing your potting mix then I'd pot up and dont back the potting mix and use better potting soil as well! You can also boil some rocks in a pot and put them in the base of your pot for better drainage as well.

It could be poor drainage in your potting mix. How many of your plants have leaf curl? Did you pack the potting mix when you planted them? If so dont pack the potting mix leave it loose, so it will have better drainage and allow the roots to breathe. What type of potting mix are you using? that could also be a factor. I'd cut back on the watering for a bit and see how they respond to it. If you are using poor potting mix and or packing your potting mix then I'd pot up and dont back the potting mix and use better potting soil as well! You can also boil some rocks in a pot and put them in the base of your pot for better drainage as well.

What mix are you using ? I'm using Black Gold. I also have some Fox Farms. Take a look at the thread I started earlier about bulk soil and tell me what you think. So is that the solution to edema drainage ? Should I amend my soil with more perlite or something ? Honestly I don't know how to tell if a soil Mizos porous enough it all looks the same to me?

What mix are you using ? I'm using Black Gold. I also have some Fox Farms. Take a look at the thread I started earlier about bulk soil and tell me what you think. So is that the solution to edema drainage ? Should I amend my soil with more perlite or something ? Honestly I don't know how to tell if a soil Mizos porous enough it all looks the same to me?

Read this article http://www.ipm.iastate.edu/ipm/hortnews/2006/4-12/edema.html I use Fox Farms and growers professional potting mix

Back