• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Leaf curling problem and more -- Help

Fukc the neem. Fukc Dawn dish soap.

Dr Bronners liquid Castile soap. 2 tablespoons to a gallon of water. Kill the aphids and the ants.

sirex said:

Dr Bronners liquid Castile soap. 2 tablespoons to a gallon of water. Kill the aphids and the ants.
But the soap will only kill the ants that it touches on contact...

solid7 said:
But the soap will only kill the ants that it touches on contact...
While that might be so, at least it's killing them. I've NEVER had any sort of sucess with Neems or dawn or plant showers.

sirex said:
While that might be so, at least it's killing them. I've NEVER had any sort of sucess with Neems or dawn or plant showers.
Neem will only kill insects that are sucking on the plant. Works great on aphids and not so great on whitefly, but you have to follow-up. It does absolutely nothing to ants, except if you coat them.

The only thing that seems to be effective against ants, are sugar baits, (boric acid - which you don't want near your plants) or really nasty toxins.

lime sulphur is a pretty good general purpose spray..
It will not kill the aphids as such (well it might if you make it strong enough), but what it will do is destroy their habitat by making it inhospitable for them to continue living there.
It throws the PH on the surface of the plant out of whack so they cant survive there anymore.
Same thing it does to mites..destroys them by destroying their habitat.
the lime suplur will stay on the plant for a couple weeks. 

sirex said:

I love the peppermint, it's great for washing the nether region! So fresh and so clean!

Do you put the Dr Bronners/water mix in a spray bottle or a dunk or how do you apply it?

i did try neem oil, dr.bronner(peppermint), EM5, citronella, ... blah blah
now i only use Beauveria bassiana and Metarhizium anisopliae to kill aphid, whitefly, thrips, broad mite, ... blah blah

all dead!!!  :party:

austin87 said:
I love the peppermint, it's great for washing the nether region! So fresh and so clean!

Do you put the Dr Bronners/water mix in a spray bottle or a dunk or how do you apply it?
mix it into a spray.

Back