• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

issue Leaf deformed

I’m new to this and have made a few mistakes. These are 7pot and scorpions. I did have lights too low and overwatered. Based on the picture is there anything specific I should check. I just sprayed with neem because I did see a few aphids. 3 wks old.

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_3104.jpeg
    IMG_3104.jpeg
    133.2 KB · Views: 78
I’m new to this and have made a few mistakes. These are 7pot and scorpions. I did have lights too low and overwatered. Based on the picture is there anything specific I should check. I just sprayed with neem because I did see a few aphids. 3 wks old.

Thanks
I think I found my answer in the forums. Nute burn. Should be and grow out of it.

That doesn't look like nute burn to me. They look in good shape from that perspective. Aphids will cause deformation by sucking the juice out of the leaves as they are forming - typically occurring when the leaves are very small. That's what the left leaf looks like. Lights too low can accelerate transpiration, leading to canoeing and curling or wavy leaf perimeters and it's looks like they're may be some of that in the other leaves. Generally, I think what you see as a problem was mainly caused by the aphids and the rest is the sort of minor stuff that plants often simply adjust to and grow out of. They look pretty healthy to me, just get on top of those aphids or they'll be real trouble.

Last edited:
Thanks for the encouraging response. Do I need to be cautious with the neem? Also, there is like white fuzz on the soil that made the pot up with the plant.. I’ll post a pic in a few mins…

Yes, be cautious with the neem - not too often, too heavy, or too concentrated. Neem can clog the stomata and suffocate the leaves, leading to leaf drop. It can also burn the growth tips and nodes. Keeping the plant out from under the lights a half-day after applying can help - or simply applying at lights-out - will help. Simply rinsing off the plant in between neem dosings (if that's mechanically feasible) can reduce their required frequency as can spraying with a safe soap mixture.

Back