• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Leaf Diagnosis

nzchili said:
You asked for opinions on what it could be. 
We gave you opinions. You disagreed with our opinions, so we backed them up with info about why we came to the conclusion we did, and why our prognosis is actually a possibility.

You had already decided on what you think the problem is when you made this thread - Im sorry if we don't agree with your prognosis. 

I agree that general chlorosis can be caused by over watering. But you don't have general chlorosis, you have intervenial chlorosis leading to dead patches on the leaves, on a specific part of the plant.

Some plants just need more. Or less.

I didn't *mean to ask for opinions on the cause of chlorosis. I should have been clearer in the op. My mistake. Chlorosis was obvious. The blooming leaf disease was not.

You decided what you think the problem is by looking at a picture. I'm sorry that I know better than you. I have grown in this garden for years, amend the soil yearly, and experience great results the vast majority of the time.

Please furnish sources explaining the difference between "general chlorosis" and what you see in the photos in the op.

I plan on spraying with epsom salt. I actually hope I'm proven wrong now. I really doubt it though.

spicymeatball said:

I didn't *mean to ask for opinions on the cause of chlorosis. I should have been clearer in the op. My mistake. Chlorosis was obvious. The blooming leaf disease was not.

You decided what you think the problem is by looking at a picture. I'm sorry that I know better than you. I have grown in this garden for years, amend the soil yearly, and experience great results the vast majority of the time.

Please furnish sources explaining the difference between "general chlorosis" and what you see in the photos in the op.

I plan on spraying with epsom salt. I actually hope I'm proven wrong now. I really doubt it though.

I have given my opinion and that's that. You can take what you will from it.
I wish you the best of luck, and do keep us updated with any progress. I would personally water some epsom salt in aswell.
cheers

Sprayed with epsom salt solution about 3 weeks ago. The leafs showing chlorosis did not change and the new leaves stayed the same, never showing symptoms.
Unfortunately, I wasn't proven wrong, but may have been correct with the claim that some members irresponsibly jump to conclusions on nutrient deficiency. The plant has since tripled in size and put out fruit. It wasn't the virulent leaf spot disease that I experienced last year, yet anyway. Thanks to nucleardays for the coherent intelligent responses.

Back