• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Leaf Issue - help needed

So a few weeks ago I noticed one of my reaper plants started to show some yellowing and downward curling of its leaves, mainly on the older growth, in between the veins (no photo sorry). I gave it a hit of calmag hoping this would sort it out, but it has only got worst. Maybe some sort of insect rather than a nutrient deficiency? All my other plants are ok, they are all in pots, and the rest of the plant is very healthy with pods.

Leaf issue

Rest of the plant

The "rest of the plant" pic shows very early signs of over-fertilizing. The top pic, however, looks like it could be a few different things. Has anyone sprayed an herbicide in the area recently? That's one possible cause. I am leaning towards thinking it's something like that with the top pic, since the spots are limited to one area. I'd suggest you remove the leaves that look like that then take a wait-and-see perspective. Also, back off on the fertilizer a tad. If those two don't stop the progression of the stuff in the top pic, look at the pepper and eggplant guide in this link

geeme said:
The "rest of the plant" pic shows very early signs of over-fertilizing. The top pic, however, looks like it could be a few different things. Has anyone sprayed an herbicide in the area recently? That's one possible cause. I am leaning towards thinking it's something like that with the top pic, since the spots are limited to one area. I'd suggest you remove the leaves that look like that then take a wait-and-see perspective. Also, back off on the fertilizer a tad. If those two don't stop the progression of the stuff in the top pic, look at the pepper and eggplant guide in this link.
No herbicides I know of. Rest of your prognosis sounds like it might be right as I have changed ferts lately. Will cut off all the bad growth and back off the ferts and see how it responds. Thanks

Back