• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Let me introduce you to....

Hey Guys!!!!!! well here is a new plant I started growing, its a 7 pot red color, also have a yellow one.

DSC01118.jpg

DSC01119.jpg

DSC01120.jpg

she is gorgeous, I'm using the dixie cups as well and they are working quite well for me, looks like they are doing just fine for you as well.

Looking very nice. How did you get it to germinate?
I actually germinate my seeds using the paper towel method. I use ziplock bags or with out the ziplock or a plastic bag that will provide some moist, then I add the paper towel in the plastic bag with the seeds (this will help on getting the paper towel in the plastic ziplock with out sticking all over, since its dry )then I add a little bit of tap water, as soon as the paper towel is wet, little more then moist, not soaking do. Then I use a lamp with a 100 watt incandescent bulb. Just putt the plastic bag under the lamp, (it could go on top but you will fry your seeds like that, lol)make sure the distance between the lamp and the bag is aroud 75 Fahrenheit, if you need to lift the bag so it will get more heat, just add some sort of plastic container or anything you could use to put the plastic bag a bit higher to the bulb, check with a termomether,just lay it were your plastic bag will go and leave it there for around 10 minutes, after you check the temperature, if its below 70 Fahrenheit lift it higher untill it reaches around 75. Feeeeewww!!! and thats how I germinate mine, 90 percent success rate with this method,I tried direct on soil and it takes longer.

I actually germinate my seeds using the paper towel method. I use ziplock bags or with out the ziplock or a plastic bag that will provide some moist, then I add the paper towel in the plastic bag with the seeds (this will help on getting the paper towel in the plastic ziplock with out sticking all over, since its dry )then I add a little bit of tap water, as soon as the paper towel is wet, little more then moist, not soaking do. Then I use a lamp with a 100 watt incandescent bulb. Just putt the plastic bag under the lamp, (it could go on top but you will fry your seeds like that, lol)make sure the distance between the lamp and the bag is aroud 75 Fahrenheit, if you need to lift the bag so it will get more heat, just add some sort of plastic container or anything you could use to put the plastic bag a bit higher to the bulb, check with a termomether,just lay it were your plastic bag will go and leave it there for around 10 minutes, after you check the temperature, if its below 70 Fahrenheit lift it higher untill it reaches around 75. Feeeeewww!!! and thats how I germinate mine, 90 percent success rate with this method,I tried direct on soil and it takes longer.
Thanks for that. Germination seems to be one of the hardest parts for me.

Thanks for that. Germination seems to be one of the hardest parts for me.
Next time just believe the seeds will sprout, theres nothing so frustrating then checking on the seeds ever day (tell you from experience, lol), just let them grow. Cheers!!!!!

Back