• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

review Lethal Ingestion Review

Ever since Cajohn announced Lethal Ingestion several years ago I was very curious about it. An all natural sauce with extract like heat. But for some stupid reason I kept putting it off. Then I read the reviews and was surprised at their diversity. Some made it to be hotter than extract sauces and others made it look like Lethal Ingestion was barely above tabasco sauce. So recently I purchased a bottle and gave it a try. Now before I go any further I want to say this product has the best packaging I have ever seen in a hot sauce. I love the little box with the describtion and warning signs on it. Plus I adore "may cause gastic disturbances and cramping!" Inside this box is a small bottle which looks like a prescription bottle. That was also very neat. Now to the sauce itself:

The consistency is extremely thick and it's very easy to get pepper blockage inside the little opening where the sauce escapes. The three peppers present are fatali, red savina, and bhut jolokia. Now the aroma is of the red savina, but the flavor is more fatali with some minor hints of the bhut. Heatwise the burn is very stingy, but I would not call it very intense. However, it lasts a good long while. I was expecting this sauce to be quite a bit hotter. So, I am going to say Lethal Ingestion is not the hottest sauce I've tried, probably not even the hottest natural sauce. I thought Tropical Peppers Ghost Sauce had a bit more heat. That being said I will say Lethal Ingestion does a cause a little stomach discomfort, but nowhere near the extract sauces.

So do i recommend this sauce? Yes, except for one small issue; The price. I don't know why a 2 oz bottle should cost $23.00. Maybe it has something to do with the special process done to the chilies. While I bought Lethal ingestion once, I won't be buying it again simply for that fact. It's a shame because I do enjoy this sauce.

Verdict: Heat 8.5, Flavor 8

Have a great weekend everybody,
Mark

Back