• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Let's average out those germination times!

Why not?
The hydro boys can have their own but for anyone growing straight into soil, potting mix, peat or whatever - post your germination times for any successful seeds and their name.
Then we can put it into an Excel sheet and post the averages per variety - not the most accurate but gives some kind of idea!

When I start to germ again, I will post. For this to be accurate, we would need to know the way they germinated...whether it be jiffy pelts, seed tray with a dome, paper towel or whatever other method they used. Also the temps they were kept at, sowing depth, moister levels and if they pre soaked them. This would give us all an idea of what method produces the fastest germination rates. I personally used soil in a seed tray/ dome, with a heating plate. I planted around 25 varieties (dried seeds and fresh) my germ rate avg. from 3-4 days and no more than 14 on any of my varieties.

Probably would also have to factor in th age of the seeds, how long they presoaked and in straight water or a mixture....

Back