• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

seeds Lets say a seedling gets burnt...

Hmmm thats strange, i already commented on this and it dissapeared!!

I will state again that i think she is a goner. Bad luck there mate.

No hah you did but I had posted it up in the hot pepper marketplace hahaa Deff the wrong section.. Yeah I forgot to turn on my fan yesterday and I think I burned a few :(

Well as you all know my seedling are sSSLLOOOOWWWW this year. I think the temps are a bit too cold. so they are progressing well, slower. I just pretty much lost all interest in them just because they are soo far behind. Yeah I know I shouldn't have, but I loose interest when others have these nice young plants and I have a stem with two leave....

MrOneEyedBoh said:
Well as you all know my seedling are sSSLLOOOOWWWW this year. I think the temps are a bit too cold. so they are progressing well, slower. I just pretty much lost all interest in them just because they are soo far behind. Yeah I know I shouldn't have, but I loose interest when others have these nice young plants and I have a stem with two leave....

How long have you been growing peppers?

Dale

Cheer up mate, all this tomfoolery takes alot of practice you know, well unless your name is AJ or similar, people like him are born with a green thumb!
My plants got off to a very slow start this year but they seem to be relatively happy now, apart from the 40celcius days we have been getting.

Its sooooo cool looking at plants that only exist because you want them to, keep at it mate, you'll get there.

MOEB,

You won't notice good paint drying by staring at it! Hardly anyone can grow plants like AJ - trust me! If you set yourself to compete with him, you are going to lose - like almost all the rest of us.

Last year, while people were posting pix of their plants that had six sets of leaves, mine still had three - at most!. But they caught up and I had more than enough pods to last me for a couple of years by the time the killing frost came.

Don't give up. You'll be rewarded.

Mike

You haven't seen mine :lol: Among others, I have a 7 pod that broke the ground 3 weeks ago that still struggles with creating the first real set of leaves.

Don't worry, be happy.

wordwiz said:
MOEB,

Hardly anyone can grow plants like AJ - trust me! If you set yourself to compete with him, you are going to lose - like almost all the rest of us.

Don't give up. You'll be rewarded.

Mike
This year I have been staying diligent and positive. My plants aren't breaking any records, but they are doing well.
You can't gauge your success on someone else's.
Tony

I'm feeling better about my plants after watering them all yesterday evening. Some look great, some decent, some so-so and some - well, they are almost ready to join the compost pile.

Of the 460 I've sown, maybe 50 or so have at least two sets of true leaves and maybe half of them I could transplant. But I'm trying to do at least 12 of each type at a time and I have 3.5" deep containers so I'm not in any hurry. I don't need to have them ready to harden off for 2.5 months, maybe a little longer.

At least I seem to figured out the optimal way to group sow them. The last four trays I sowed (another Bhut, re-sowed some Bells due to crappy seed the first time, Cayenne and Siletz tomato) have germinated fantastically and look nice.

Mike

ABurningMouth said:
This year I have been staying diligent and positive. My plants aren't breaking any records, but they are doing well.
You can't gauge your success on someone else's.
Tony

DITTO!!!

1eye

if your plants are growing & live for plant out, you did your job. they will take off once growing outside, starting them inside is just to give'em that little extra help they need for plantout. dont get so bummed out, believe me not everyones seedlings are as great looking as some that are posted here. otherwise everyone would be posting pics of their seedlings :lol:

BTW location ? why not fill in the state in avatar side ? whats too cold to you ?

Maryland, but the inside temp of the grow box is no lower than 60 and gets as high as 85 at times, but rarely. They got burnt because I forgot to turn on the fan..

then write in maryland in your location for your info, so it shows under your avatar.
I only say this cuz it sure would be nice to know where people are from so we can get an idea of what they are talking about for their climate etc....
I know you're not the only, I just had to say something. you dont have to give exact city.
state & country at least IMO. not really getting on your case either (though it may seem, sorry) but I've also made a thread about this issue in the lounge

chilehunter said:
you dont have to give exact city.
state & country at least IMO. not really getting on your case either (though it may seem, sorry) but I've also made a thread about this issue in the lounge

Your location says Minnesota. That could be a difference of 400 miles (North and South). That would almost put me in Atlanta!

Mike
In Cincinnati

wordwiz said:
Your location says Minnesota. That could be a difference of 400 miles (North and South). That would almost put me in Atlanta!

Mike
In Cincinnati

ohhhhhhhh...I could sneak over and raid your garden at night!

Pamela,

Yeah, you can. I only sit up one night out of every 5 with a shotgun guarding it. You have an 80 percent chance of getting away with it!

Besides, why would you want to raid my garden? The deliciousness of the fruits, the juice from the toms, the taste of Black Seeded Simpson lettuce grown under a sheet would send you into such a state that the entire neighborhood would hear you screaming: more, oh more. Please, more. Oh, ohhh, ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Wait, that explains why you would raid it.

Mike

Then your wife would be out there with the shotgun making sure it was the produce that had me moaning, you'd go to arguing with her, proclaiming your innocence, and I'd grab a few handfuls of peppers and tomatoes and skedaddle!

Back