• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

pics Lets see your meanest, most gnarly pods!!!

Lovepeppers said:

For a baccatum, pretty gnarly. Ripens to off white or VERY light yellow. Calyx bleed when fully ripe.

I will be sharing all these seeds on the seed trains.
What species is this?

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

moruga welder said:
<SNIP>
( not Lucy ) unknown  , ideas ?
attachicon.gif
HPIM2656.JPG
ripened unknowns ,
attachicon.gif
HPIM2657.JPG

Whatever those are, they are certainly gnarly.

Maybe call them Lumpy Peppers?

festering said:
What species is this?

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk
heres a pic of the flower. It was suppose to be aji penec. I recieved the seeds from THP user Bpiela. He said nothing in his garden resembled this. Plants that were around his aji penec were aji habanero, aji pineapple and aji melcocoton. He said he had a white bullet habanero around 10 feet away. You can see from a ripe one with the full bleeding calylyx.

Lovepeppers said:
heres a pic of the flower. It was suppose to be aji penec. I recieved the seeds from THP user Bpiela. He said nothing in his garden resembled this. Plants that were around his aji penec were aji habanero, aji pineapple and aji melcocoton. He said he had a white bullet habanero around 10 feet away. You can see from a ripe one with the full bleeding calylyx.

How does it taste?

ColdSmoke said:

How does it taste?
The pepper has a very clean taste,citrusy notes, no bitterness, no soapiness. The heat is not all that hot. I would say hotter than a jalapeno, but not as hot as a serrano.
It is a thin walled pepper. Very little seeds per pod. The first wave of peppers had very less spikes on them, but did have them. I noticed this wave seemed to have alot more spikes. I havnt noticed one that did not have a tail yet.

moruga welder said:

Definitely has curbside appeal !      :onfire:
Definitely Frank :)
Since I have some free spots at work, why not. I wish i could have sone shade there, but baccatums usually do okay in our socal heat.

Maaaaan, I have some chocolate scorpions ripening. I have tried a part of half ripe pod that just fell of because of slug damage and noticed the pools of oil. The part that remained OK to eat was quite small, and the pod was not nearly ripe yet (started browning due to damage), but the kick was unbelieveable. This summer we have a lot of sun and I keep those on the dry side. Oh, the smell. 

Will post a pic of a ripe pod when it ripens fully.  :fireball:

Carolina Reaper
IMG_1677.JPG

CP 115 (7 pot Doughlah x Butch T)
IMG_1679.JPG

Not necessarily too mean or gnarly... but beautiful and tasty Manzano Amarillo
IMG_1682.JPG

Mustard Habanero
IMG_1683.JPG

Butch T  (yellow var. !?)
IMG_1685.JPG

BBM
IMG_1688.JPG

Carolina Reaper (off, but interesting pheno)
IMG_1690.JPG

Mutation on an Albanian red hot
IMG_1692.JPG

Three different pod types from three different plants of Pink Tiger x 7 pot Bubblegum Bleeding Calyx 
IMG_1694.JPG

Back