• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Let's See Your Rocotos!

I think that I am liking this plant. Got a late start too (go figure)! The plant is absolutely sprawling...

YellowRocoto_070809.jpg

Yellow Rocoto, Seeds courtesy of Scoville.

Let's see you Rocoto Plants and/or pods!!! :onfire:

i'll have to post pics of my struggling red rocoto later. it was budding a ton, but than had some serious bud loss. it's coming back, but no clue what happened. it doesn't look too bad, but i'll have to look when i get back.

I'll post mine later those are beautiful plants ! Mine are getting quite large just need some sun to move em along to much rain in New England this year

willard3 said:
All rocotos are capsicum pubescens
Not all capsicum pubescens are rocoto

That's true, but a thread called "Let's See Your Rocotos" sounds much better than "Let's See Your Pubes," factually correct or not.

And yet another Manzano
IMG_9041.jpg

Aji Lucento
IMG_9038.jpg

Another Aji Lucento
IMG_9039.jpg

And the big Aji Lucento. The 25 or so fruits are almost ready to turn bright red for me!
IMG_9047.jpg

Man, there's some eff'n rocoto treesup there ^! Nice plants guys.

Here's my Orange Rocoto. Had another bigger one in a shaded area, but its not doing so hot right now.

IMG_3308.jpg

This is the first pubescens pod I have going ever.

IMG_3310.jpg

Germinating some Red Rocotos from the Hippy Seed Co. to try and have around this fall and winter right now.

This is my biggest one, it has about 20 pods on it now and tons of buds. I have to cover it because of the pepper maggot fly problem I've had the last couple of years. Hopefully I will get some ripe pods

pics668.jpg

Scarpetti, Awsome looking stuff dude! I'm gonna start thr red rocoto you gave me. That will be nice to have this winter. I'm starting ten new strains for the winter and it looks like I might overwinter ten kinds. I might need another M.H.:shocked:

TexomaHeat said:
That's true, but a thread called "Let's See Your Rocotos" sounds much better than "Let's See Your Pubes," factually correct or not.

That's true. Nobody here would be THAT indecent.

Here's my dog- and slug- and thunderstorm-tortured red rocoto:

IMG_7723.jpg

IMG_7724.jpg

This is my Manzano Red (seeds from Redwood City) on it's 3rd year. It's still in it's original Miracle Grow potting soil sadly, but continues to do well. It's now call "Sir Beanpole" thanks to Carol. :lol: It makes a bunch of pods, and some damn big ones too, but requires hand pollination in spring and summer. It seems to pollinate on it's own as weather gets cooler and it cranks out pods late - Sept, Oct, Nov. I usually bring it inside for good in December, but it hightails it to the garage on any night with a frost warning. I have another plant also on it's 3rd year that is half this height and a bit more sprawling. I'll put them both in fresh Pro-Mix next year.

The orange flagged stake is 4 feet.
miniripe15july004.jpg

A couple of pods up high.
miniripe15july003.jpg

Back