• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

lighting Lights 24/7

I know that some people do this when growing weed but I've never heard of anyone doing it with peppers. My guess is that it may not hurt them but they would probably benefit from a dark period.

Yea it's used to keep plants in a veg state maximize and veg growth.

You should be fine... Can I ask why you choose 24 hour cycle?

For the first few days that I had my 1000w HPS on I left it on 24/7.. Not that I wanted too, but rather because I didn't have everything quite setup and didn't have a spatial heater in place to keep my area warm if I turned the light off.

Due to that experience I have noticed that, at least with my plants, they benefit in leaf growth if they have some dark time. :)

I go on 17 hours off 7 hours for the entire life of Pepper Plants - Has worked out well for me.  I'm not 100% sure, but I think that they need some rest, as I often notice a lot of growth in the morning, after the timer puts the lights back on.

I am running my system 12 on 12 off @ 75% output on a 1000w dimmable HPS, initially because of flags raised on energy consumption costs. However, I may change the cycle times due to a negligible increase of energy costs. If the wife is not raising concerns, ALL IS WELL.

I have most of my overwinters on 18-6 right now, but there are a few others that get 24 hrs. straight.

I guess it depends on what you are trying to do.  I haven't noticed 24/7 to be deleterious to my plants.

I don't understand all the plant science, but I do agree my plants with intermitten darkness seem to veg out a little better.

Better in grow tech which reads as follows:

Discuss lights, heaters, irrigation systems, greenhouses, and DIY solutions. Show off your inventions!

It's fine to rune the lights 24/7, but it isn't as efficient as 17/7. I'm having issues with my timer, so I got them on 24/7 for some of my plants.

Back