• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

like no pepper youve ever seen befor...

Ive grown a couple different kinds of peppers now, from supper hots to no heat at all.
And from all of my experience i have developed a sort of way of living from this all: A happy pepper is a
shared pepper, but a happy friend has not tried my peppers, yet i am happy when i share my peppers with friends.
I want to grow the most prolific peppers so there are more to be shared, My question for you all is,
What are the most prolific peppers, And what pepper sharring stories do you have?

For me the most prolific has been the Tabasco, those things are born absolutely nuts and cant help but produce a truck load of peppers.

I haven't grown one apart from the one growing in my garden now but the Orange Hab is supposed to very good as well.

If you want superhot i have found the Dorset Naga to be a very good producer.

I am sure that you will get many more opinions

what Nova said about the Tabasco...I had several last year and they all produced tons...

Try super chili hybrid, tepin/pequin, or thai varieties for massive production, or nagas for super heat and production

forgot the super chili...P is right...super producers

Cayenne is always dependable.
Orange habs produce quite well.
Jalapenos, Serranos, Limon, de Arbol, come to think of it there are lots of peppers that crank out the pods! :onfire:

Tomato Grower's Supply sells the seeds.

Super Chili Hybrid #9163
ALL-AMERICA SELECTIONS WINNER for 1988. The first hybrid chili pepper bred for increased yields and ornamental appeal. 2-1/2 inch cone shaped peppers have a thin, hot flesh that changes from green to orange to red. Borne upright on the semi-compact plant. Use fresh or dried in peppery ethnic dishes. 75 days

http://www.tomatogrowers.com/index.html

264t4dk.jpg

Cross country sells plants......

http://www.chileplants.com/

1zf1wmb.jpg

Fedco has an open-pollinated stabilization of Super Chile Hybrid called Matchbox.

http://www.fedcoseeds.com/seeds/SeedsOrderItem.php?id=3773&SeedName=matchbox

k04unt.jpg

~DiggingDog

All of the above, plus a few more:

C. baccatum
Lemon Drop
Aji Andean (Huge plant)
C02598 (Amazing amount of pods, you'll spend hours harvesting this one)
CGN 22871 (Idem)
Inca Berry
Bubba
CAP 220 (Amazing. Bears the same amount of peppers as plants with small peppers, just with big fruits instead of small ones.)
Pepper Pen
Starfish (Huge plant. Only if you have enough room.)

C. pubescens
Turbo Pube (PI 585267)
Ultra Pube
PI 585260

C. chinense
7 Pot
Harold st. Barts
Habanero Peruvian White
Habanero Pointed Yellow
Habanero Caribbean Red
Luiza Yellow Pumpkin

C. anuum
Bird's Eye Baby
Golden Nugget
Short Yellow Tabasco (not a C. Frutescens!!!)

Tabasco peppers produced so many for me this year I was actually getting sick of them.

Red Devil's Tongue for heat, they produce like mad, as well.

Aribibi Gusano is also a pretty prolific plant.

Firstly I applaud the posting on a thread well over 2 years old!

Secondly Aji Lemon has put some points on the board for me. Tabasco has done more though.

Reactions: nee
The Indian Chilli Pusa jwala is a bit of a nutter when it comes to prolific. ABG I love your greenhouse photo!

Back