• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Lime Green leaves

no pics until later tonight

a fair number of my chinese are looking lime green

plants are healthy......but not as dark as some of my others, including other chinese

plants are under 6500 lumen shop lights.....18 hours a day

they have been in solo cups with Ocean Forest, no ammendments, no added ferts....they have been in the solos 4-6 weeks at this point

watering is solid.....i wait until the plants tell me they need water......light top water, they get plenty of fan.....NOT overwatering, i've got that seemingly dialed in pretty well

plants look great......i checked some of my larger annuums/bacs and they weren't root bound in the solos......so i will assume the chinese are ok for now

should i be looking to feed them at this point? or the plants are healthy, decent sized at this point, have a beer and keep on keeping on?

will hopeully be able to get them some outside sun within the next 2-3 weeks......the plants look reasonable healthy, just the color is off

will get some pics later......initial thoughts?

Nutrient_deficiency1_zps3e713bec.jpg

also, here's another one i've come across. pretty sweet.
plantfungusanddisease_zps06151137.jpg

Love that diagram. Would love to see a stickied fertiliser thread a-z

With cause and cure compounds of course

epsom salt spray - 1 tbsp/gallon of water will help that...foliar feeding works better and faster....

Start feeding them.
The choices of food are endless, but fish is a good first choice and cheep.
Also a good time to start bottom watering.
Reason being--as you already have fans on them---food on the top will support other things growing there, like mold, mildew, fungus, moss etc. ad infinatum.

Water and food up from the bottom, dry out down from the top.

IMHO of course, everyone has their own method.

I replied on your other post for lime green leaves. I really hate to disagree with A.J. but sodium, mainly an excess of it, can hinder plant photosynthesis which is a big part of "green". Nitrogen is a big factor in the greening of leaves.

epsom salt = Magnesium Sulfate (MgSO[sub]4[/sub]) and Magnesium is great for greening up things...

If they r small add bugger all , check ur soil with a ph test, but failing that let them be :)

Plants under lights won't be dark green due to photosynthesis I.e sun light

And sum of my best 8ft plants looked yellow and have the best pod production

Ocean Forest has a 30 day fert in it. Top watering and how much/often can affect how long it lasts. Were they in the cups 4 or 6 weeks? Two weeks seems like only two weeks but a lot can happen and deficiencies set in over that time. I have had specific plants that seemed hungrier than others and always were a shade lighter in color. Plants of the same species under the same conditions will grow differently.

Magnesium sulfate aka epsom salts is magnesium and sulphur (actually more sulphur then magnesium contrary to common belief) but sodium is a completely seperate issue/chemical patrick.

See I knew I wasn't supposed to disagree with AJ. Told ya so!

Now who do I bitch at for labeling something salt and it doesn't have any freaking sodium in it.

Salt doesn't mean sodium..
Sodium chloride is a salt, but not all salts are sodium based.

You can create salts easily by mixing acid and alkali together. If the molar balance is correct, they will neutralise and make salt.

Just don't mix acid with hypochlorite please.

Back