• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

pics Little Elf Pics - 09-13-08

AlabamaJack

Extreme Member
I decided to harvest my two Little Elf plants today...these plants are gorgeous when full of pods and are good producers...taste is earthy but not dirty with a fair heat in the mid to back palate and throat...

091308c001.jpg

There must be 500 of these little peppers...the largest is about 3/4" long and about 3/8" diameter at the base...

091308c003.jpg

different angle...

091308c004.jpg

Very pretty AJ. I am all about the ornamentals right now. I have about 7 pods on that one large Purple Tiger that I posted pictures of earlier.

they don't taste bad but I wouldn't want a steadiet of them either...they are just pretty...I think I am going to just put some in olive oil in a pretty bottle I have and make a christmas gift out of these...

I think next year in the flower bed around my bradford pear tree in my front yard, I am going to plant these Little Elfs and Purple Tigers...that will make a very colorful bed....

Hey AJ, how long do the Little Elfs take to germinate? I had no luck with the seeds you sent me but I am afraid that I was probably being way to impatient. I still have two seeds left but I was just wondering.

They are pretty & they produce heavy I had those before but it take long time to deseed those babies but is a gorgeous ornamental pepper.

millworkman said:
Hey AJ, how long do the Little Elfs take to germinate? I had no luck with the seeds you sent me but I am afraid that I was probably being way to impatient. I still have two seeds left but I was just wondering.

The ones I started sprouted pretty quickly as I recall...don't worry about the seeds man...I can get you as many as you want...pm me your addy again and I will send you a few of these pods...

AlabamaJack said:
The ones I started sprouted pretty quickly as I recall...don't worry about the seeds man...I can get you as many as you want...pm me your addy again and I will send you a few of these pods...
Many thanks AJ. But I do not think you need to go through that trouble. There will most likely be some left in the parcel by the time I get it. If not then I will most definitely take you up on that offer.

Great looking plant and I don't need to mention the bowl full of pods.

I am also planning on planting several ornamentals alongside the beds next season.

AJ you have made my day.... I am growing the little elf this summer and i didn't really know what to expect.

Now i am really looking forward to it...

What size pot is it in????

Omri said:
I have some seedlings of my own! how many seeds per pod? am I going to have a lot of?

I just cut one open Omri...14 seeds for a medium size pod..

Pepperfreak said:
That is a pretty pepper bush.

thanks Paul

moyboy said:
AJ you have made my day.... I am growing the little elf this summer and i didn't really know what to expect.

Now i am really looking forward to it...

What size pot is it in????

good deal Moyboy...it is in a 5 gallon container...

Nice, what a great mini pequin.:)

AlabamaJack said:
I think I am going to just put some in olive oil in a pretty bottle I have and make a christmas gift out of these...

Make sure to use proper methods since chile oils can become home for Botulism (and fermentation);)

POTAWIE said:
Nice, what a great mini pequin.:)

Make sure to use proper methods since chile oils can become home for Botulism (and fermentation);)

remember the little elf plant that was stripped naked by aphids?...this is it...totally recovered once I put it outside...

Thanks for the reminder Potawie...I was going to just make something ornamental but if it is edible and got oil in it someone may eat it...thanks..

I'm definitely growing Little Elf next year AJ after someone kindly sent me some seeds for it. I was going to grow it just because I liked the name, but after your pics I certainly am.

there are plenty of seeds to go around...if anyone needs any, just gimme a shout....

Back