• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

harvesting Little October Harvest

I going to do a little canning with these :)

oct6_harvest_1.jpg

oct_6_harvest_2.jpg

He may be concerned about frost, or he may be preparing to overwinter, both are OK reasons for a premature harvest.

Festus, gotcha.

Frost is fast approaching my area also. I might have some pics like that soon.

What kind of recipe are you going to use for the peppers?

Sorry! Didn't mean to derail the thread!

Although........green peppers are kind of like the fetus equivalent for a pepper!(;)sorry! couldn't resist!)

skealo said:
Frost is fast approaching my area also. I might have some pics like that soon.

What kind of recipe are you going to use for the peppers?

The peppers are in the Jars:)

pack your peppers in the jars... to 3/4 full. (peppers expand with the hot water bath) pour your ... boiling brine over the peppers within 1/2 inch of the top... Seal by hot water bath method for 20 minutes. Let the jars sit on... a shelf for at lease 2 weeks for the best flavor...
Brine...

1 1/2 quarts water....(about 6 cups)...
2 cups white vinegar...

mix above and bring to a boil... HINT: the peppers are easier to pack when you place them in... boiling water for 1 minute... Make sure the peppers are free ... from bruises...Enjoy!...

imaguitargod said:
WAIT UNTIL THEY ARE RIPE TO HARVEST!!!!

All the banana peppers was from one plant and it was weighing it down so much I had to get it off of it and it has a lot of blooms on it also a lot of smaller peppers coming on I was afraid it was going to break it down. And the Cayenne peppers were all on one plant also just trying to give the smaller peppers a chance to get a little bigger and I have several red one on it also that will be canned or stringed for cooking use

Back