• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Little orange moths

I have little orange moth/butterfly things on my garden. I would take a picture but they are fast little buggers. Any clue if they are bad or not? I haven't noticed anything, but that doesn't mean that they haven't done anything. Maybe they are good...

I have little orange moth/butterfly things on my garden. I would take a picture but they are fast little buggers. Any clue if they are bad or not? I haven't noticed anything, but that doesn't mean that they haven't done anything. Maybe they are good...
No clue, but my best guess would be that the moths themselves aren't bad... unless they happen to lay their eggs on your plants and their larvae turn out to be hornworms, cutworms, squash vine borers, etc. AFAIK, the only one of those that is orange as an adult is the last one, and they are more of a bright orange/black with black transparent wings. I read that they are fast though (but I have never seen them). And those I think are only dangerous if you've got some kind of squash growing nearby.

If it's a butterfly... I don't recall ever hearing of a butterfly that is "bad", but I wouldn't be surprised if such butterflies do exist.

Back