• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Live Plants

Pam said:
Well, yeah, but that's the problem, isn't it?
hi Pam
well i dont think it will be a problem,
In New Mexico,the moral majority grow up eating Hot Chile from a young age and what we consider mild is too hot for most everyone else. something about the soil and growing conditions make New Mexico Peppers hotter than same variety grown elsewhere.
then of course there is the novelty buyers,
the people that buy things cause its different,new,HOT,.
then there are the hobby breeders that would love to get a pure landrace strain for a pollen source,to create some wicked one off hybrids for friends and family.
then of course the little old senoras that want HOT Chile
and nothing less.
they will spread the word.
I live only a few miles from the mexican border,so there too is a close and interested International Market,that comes to me.
I will let the chile promote itself,maybe make some fresh salsa from farm grown produce and spice it up with some Bhut Jolokia
have a few fresh slices for curious adults that like hot.
show the fresh peppers in different stages from green,to red ripe. and print out a few recipes that go with each sale of peppers/plants.

but like anything else it must find its niche and fit in and expand from there.
My goal is not to corner the market,as it is to achieve the Seed Producer status,and then grow whatever they need from season to season,Im just useing the Bhut Jolokia now,since its what I have to work with.
I think $3.00 ea. and 2 plants for $5 will be a good price,
{2 plants helps with pollenation} and gives a better yield.
thanks Pam
If ever I can help you with your plants,just ask I will be glad to do what I can.

pablo

pablo said:
I think $3.00 ea. and 2 plants for $5 will be a good price

i think that's a good idea cuz pricing it the same as a common pepper plant will help spread the word since it's putting no premium on it for being a jolokia so no buyers are deterred. you can use that to guage demand then adjust the price accordingly later.

i wondered that also. but i suppose they are.. since they only have 10 kinds of peppers. happyquailfarms.com now that i read around... i don't think they actually are.. hmmmm haven't gotten a response from them and i did send a nice email.. lol not a rude one. they aren't the most knowledgeable ppl about peppers and they have shirts that say 'pepper people' on them :|. tried to talk to them about peppers all they know is a few peruvian kinds don't know the naga or anystuff. not that i did till i came to this forum

Back