• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

local farmers markets

Look a lot of dumb people are in this world simple reverse psychology would work put up a ton of signs saying worlds hottest peppers don't eat whole. Keep away children blah blah blah and people will buy lol I guarantee

Ive done the market for a couple years(this year we're in the middle of properties) I live in a decent size city and we did sell some superhots, we didnt really advertise them drastically, kept them to the side in plastic baggies sold them $1-$2.50 a pepper I'd sell them for .50 cents to regulars that came every week, we wanted to price high enough to keep it at the specialty. sold a ton of plants/clones. We were 1 of two venders in the city that I knew of selling supers, the other guys sold them at $10 a pepper but thats all he sold other than his hot sauce.

We wouldn't sell peppers to anyone who looked under 18, "kids" freaking out about the ghost pepper asking there parents to buy them, and I would explain how hot they actually were. Most of the people who bought from us knew exactly what they were and just couldn't find fresh anywhere else and would come by week after week. Did we sell a massive amount of them? no, but we sold enough where I'll keep a few plants on our market plan every year mainly because they draw in more "regulars" than anything.

The only thing I'll do when we go back to market is adjust the price to something lower and work on how we market it different We'll eventually start doing everything by weight but I generally hate counting change when I have 10 people trying to buy things. The biggest issue we run across with hot peppers is most people only want 1 or 2 peppers(even jalapeños) 

As for tents/tables etc we had to provide our own for both the markets we did, but I know there are some markets that will provide stuff for you, it just depends on the markets

616266_333177180109811_1089465286_o.jpg

GnomeGrown said:
Awesome market display, homefry.

:clap:

Thank you

smileyguy697 said:
Yeah thats a beautiful setup you got there homefry

Thank you

PepperDaddler said:
Like the lamination idea too.

We tried none laminated, that lasted about a week. Its also great because you can write the price in permeant marker, and then use expo spray to clean it off if you want to change the price.

@homefry If I saw your table at one of our local markets my head would explode. Nobody brings anything hotter than serranos around here. Price on the ghosts seems a bit steep, but I would still probably walk away with a bag. As they say...you got to pay to play!

Primo's. Yummy Yummy Good For The Tummy.
I wish you luck my friend. I haven't been looking to close at the local farm market but last I saw was habanero's being the hottest thing they had. But as long as you could keep your peppers where no one could just reach down and pick them up (like children) then I thinks you would be ok.
Put a sign advertising what you got and pull one out to show folks. Just thinking here. :party:

Homefry has a killer setup.  :clap:

Back