• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Local's 2017/18 Glog - Perth, WA

So I thought I should start another one of these considering the weather is starting to get better now.

After cutting the plants right back though winter they are kicking into gear now.
o77v4o.jpg

xlgkus.jpg

Also having the LED's this year is making the seedings grow a hell of alot faster than last years :) should have them in the ground by late October at this stage. Here is what it all looked like last week, I'll get some new photos tonight.
2qimszd.jpg

1qsoly.jpg

PaulG said:
Hey, Damien - your garden space is very neat and tidy - looks great.
Can't wait to see them take off now that they are in the ground.

Also looks like you had some help with digging your beds!
Good luck with the permanent dog-proofing.   

:shame:, doggie!

Cheers, Paul.

The lawn is slowly recovering after a winter of neglect and two dogs attempting to dig to China.

But yeah it's coming along nicely, I did promise photos but have forgotten, I will try and get some this week.

He mate looking good! Funny about the frost I dont reckon last year was that cold, only counted one frost in my area and was still picking in July like you said so you should still have time.

I know this is probably a bit late to mention but having dirt up against the bricks like that can apparently encourage termites.. sorry to tell you that but better to say something than not. Thats what Ive been told anyway..

Thanks for the advice Jason, I might need to put something between the house and the soil then I guess... no one wants termites  :mope:

Quick update,
None of the seedlings have died when transplanted. and they are all liking their new home. 

29cm7t3.jpg

2u3zj4j.jpg

6yjvpz.jpg

The OW plants are still growing and fruiting, 

scdq84.jpg

2zimscj.jpg

Dehydrated a heap of the last haul, I've run out of room in the freezer  :confused:
I need to get better at making sauces.
2aervxc.jpg

After all these photos it may look like I try to include my dogs in all of them, just letting you know that it's not on purpose, they just never leave me alone  :rolleyes:  :P

oh no. that's too bad. It does look like a couple of them may pull through. I've forgotten about stuff like that so many times. especially when hardening off plants in the spring. we get huge temp swings here and i have forgotten to cover/uncover so many times. I try to set alarms for everything now. I hope they are not all lost. good luck.

Well the good news, a few of the plants survived :) 2nd garden is looking great, should be really good for next season.
It seems like I'm always a year behind.
fogj10.jpg

and the OW plants are getting heavy and tipping over, lucky I have the fence up.
There has been a mountain of pods this year, I've been giving them away to my friends and fam there was soo many, but decided I'd like to start trying to make sauce and get my own little label up and running
2edpmqq.jpg

Last nights pick (found I'm getting something like this about twice a week)
fuq5ic.jpg

Another update and my OW's are still going strong, Kudos to Green Life Soil in Midvale. Must be what
s put these plants on steroids as I haven't fed them at all this season.

111otgg.jpg

1zwnho3.jpg

j9n31k.jpg

This years seedlings are doing okay now. have some fruit on them now :)
pss3p.jpg

fwp2zq.jpg

2ebuz9i.jpg

And the Aji that was meant to be competing, sad little guy.
212sg87.jpg

dimensionz said:
Looks good, think i'm going to give green life soil potting mix a try this year. 

Yeah, I'd recommend them.

The soil is the veggie mix they sell, the potting mix is okay but I had to put some perlite in to keep it going.

Back