Long Gourd Seed Giveaway- from my 101" LG

FreeportBum,
I didn't get my seeds from you, but wish I had, your gourd sounds amazing. I had just purchased the seeds when you posted.  I was having lots of trouble getting mine to germinate. First batch, nothing. Second batch failed again.  Then I found this link, and one sprouted in 2 days, another the third day, and a third seed on the  fourth day. :)

I didn't soak the seeds, just cracked gently with pliers, then put in a moist paper towel.

http://homeguides.sfgate.com/long-takes-snake-gourd-germinate-83067.html

hope it may help some.

I harvested 2 of the long gourds Devan shared with me - in the back of the truck.  The other photos are of a baby gourd and the plant taking over my garden.  My largest gourd was 92 inches, many thanks to Devan, I had so much fun with the grow.

fiogga said:

I harvested 2 of the long gourds Devan shared with me - in the back of the truck.  The other photos are of a baby gourd and the plant taking over my garden.  My largest gourd was 92 inches, many thanks to Devan, I had so much fun with the grow.
Excellent. I'm glad that you enjoyed growing them, and thanks for sharing the pics. 

Back