Looking advice

Hi,

Ive found this forum whilst looking for advice on some chilli plants that Ive started growing. Im a none experienced gardener and apart from watercress as a kid Ive not really grown much.

The problem Im having is that my chilli seedlings that dont yet have the true leaves are folding up three current leaves in an odd manner. So Id expect that they should be flat to get the most light a bit like a helicopter, but rather I find that the leaves start to point upwards and even close during the day making a v shape when looking side on. I have them under grow lights and Ive it positioned about 6cm above them as directed in the instructions. Watering them from the bottom and only once the top starts to feel dry.

Anyway looking forward to having a look around and appreciate any advice.

Thanks

Thats a photo of the leaves

Attachments

• 81D78C3C-7E40-45FC-8F70-60629C7380DF.jpeg
    81D78C3C-7E40-45FC-8F70-60629C7380DF.jpeg
    121.6 KB · Views: 82
Yea it took me a day or two to get them under the lights properly so I doubt that helped. So do u think they are just reaching for the light?

P.s thats how they were in the morning after the lights had been off 8hours

Attachments

• 9FDBF268-D745-4474-AD59-8E3DAC04971B.jpeg
    9FDBF268-D745-4474-AD59-8E3DAC04971B.jpeg
    207.3 KB · Views: 72
They don't look leggy to me.. Whats the temperature where you have them?

Edit: the reason I ask what the temperature is, is because I had some seedlings I put out on a nice sunny day a few weeks ago but it was also very cold and they did exactly what yours are doing.

Hello and welcome from Hampshire... hope you are sorted now .. you were initially right with the light height don't get them too close. During the seedling stage 18hrs on 6 off is the preferred option .. besides that they look healthy to me. All the best for this season

Back