wanted Looking for 7 pots

It is all good Nate sorry for using you as an example. I will be very happy to see both yours and Jacobs updates. Potawie is right people that dissapear are far worse. I hope I don't have to spell out trading etiquette with every trade. Do not profit from my seeds in any way! You grow it then it's yours.

Im sorry for bad ettiquette:(

Your Strain I am the most excited to grow out of all the 7pods your pods you posted look like the size of soft balls. i hope to come close! My updates rigth now no good very slow growth i think i had some sligth frost last night which is scaring me cuz all my plants are outdoors but what is strange my Jolokia FINALLY! set its first pods! maybe cold weather has soemthing to do with it.
the pics i see on ebay of yellow jolokia they do look like jolokia shape soo hopefully all will work out. Happy growing all!!

Weren't these 7 pod/ts developed by CARDI intended for caribbean ag? In the end we're all seed smugglers and pirates if we never paid them good folks a dime :)

Well this thread has changed gears a bit. I still haven't found any purple pitted 7's, but I did get a blue tomato.:lol:

I am still looking for Primo Strain 7 pot if anyone has any they can trade.

jacob

So how was it? It looks nice, but not sure if it will taste good though But what can I say, I like to grow interesting things. It would be nice if it is at least edible though. I have heard anywhere from bland to a "licorice" taste to sweet and juicy. Guess I will find out in about 6 months.

jacob

I'm hoping that my post will be the last on this thread. I have also provided seedson several occasions, to later find those seeds being traded away and not grown. That person is then able receive more seeds, and they return the favor back to me. It's a big circle of generosity.

I have been a member of this great forum for almost a year, and tried to contribute on a consistent basis. I have learned a lot, and educated others as well. I have been repeatedly overwhelmed by the shear generosity of the other members here. Like others, I have tried my best to repay it in kind. As good as this year was, I hope that next year is more fruitful for everyone. Thank you everyone!

thepodpiper said:
Once I put my seeds in the mail they are not mine anymore trade or no trade. JMO.

Couldn't agree with you more. Sure people like to have one thing done with their seed but their seeds don't belong to them anymore and i see it as at least one person but now 2 people are growing the brain strain.

Noshownate said:
Cappy is the creator of this strain i give much respect to him.
Hah! So you're the father. Can we ask for alimentation now? :D

I could join in the discussion and ruin the fun for everybody by giving you all the legal mumbo jumbo (I'm not really qualified to argue on the moral part. Morality is something I lost years ago when I went into law :) ). Long story short . The creator can excercise intellectual property (IP) rights like limiting distribution etc (if no restrictions has been you've implicitly waived your IP rights). The grower cannot, he's in fact limited by the IP rights of the creator. Why do you think those F1 hybrids do so well in commercial growing op's? They make profit.
But that's exactly the reason why you find hobbyists like us growing "heirloom" varieties. Because they can distribute and trade, save seeds, give to friends... One you go down the IP rabbit hole, there's no going back.

I'm sure nate didn't know you didn't want your seeds distributed, he does now. If you give him another chance I'm sure you'll find he's a nice and generous guy as there are many here.

BTW That's a nice looking strain you've got there. I'm sure most people that grow this know that you've created it or will come across that eventually if they're looking for info on it... I don't grow it, but I know that you've created it. It's cool that you're spreading the love and letting lots of people grow this. Just look at this incident as a spreading of your love that wasn't at your expense ;) I'm sure you peppergods on this forum nearly drown in seed, but most of us mortals have to tie some ends together to get some nice varieties. I think they don't do it with blasphemous intent.

Peace!
Michael

I'm off! It's Sunday morning for me and my wife has just ensured me that woman like men who give seeds and do so generously ;)

Unless their is a PVP(plant variety protection) then I don't see any intellectual property going on, and its definitely not easy to get pvp status. Even a trademark only covers the name and not the genetics as far as I know. Look at the dorset naga. The "creators" tried to keep it for themselves but were denied pvp status since they did no crossing of genetics, the dorsets were only selectively bred. Now the seeds are everywhere and no one is breaking the law

(Sorry for hijacking your seed thread again)

IP law, like any law, differs from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. I don't want to and I cannot (read I don't have the knowledge since I'm not into IP, neither have I the time) to go into the subtle differences between jurisdictions. I'll leave that to a doctoral student writing his Ph.D. on the comparative IP law (but I guaranty you that he'll waste many years of his life and many fine pieces of paper) . Inside these jurisdictions IP law can differentiate between subjects as well: IP in agriculture != IP in books != IP in software.

What I was saying was just very general and therefore inaccurate by default. It's possible that the creator can have IP rights. I said, maybe not very clear, that I didn't think there were any here ( said something implicitly waiving them, but I was a bit hasty, my mind was somewhere else ;) ).

You are right in saying that the criteria for having IP protection are not easily met (in many jurisdictions).

I didn't really want to go down the legal road in a full fledged manner in this tread. It will lead to nothing anyway. Just saying that it was nice from PRF to share his creation with us and that he doesn't have to worry: we know he has credit for it. That's all.

If you want the entire truth about the law bit you'll have to go to a professional with experience in that field, that knows the law in that jurisdiction. I'm not that person. I know some things about US law, but not that.

Cheers!

"Create" is not really the term I'd use unless there was several generations of breeding going on. Not to take away anything from PRF butI think this was more a matter of isolating certain characteristics by selective breeding, in other words keeping and distributing seeds from the coolest looking pods

Plant breeding is the purposeful manipulation of plant species in order to create desired genotypes and phenotypes for specific purposes. This manipulation involves either controlled pollination, genetic engineering, or both, followed by artificial selection of progeny. Plant breeding often, but not always, leads to plant domestication. Plant breeding has been practiced for thousands of years, since near the beginning of human civilization. I always attempt to improve my own seed stock each season by plant breeding. Thank you Michael I have a pack of 7 Pod Brain Strain seed with your name on it if you like, pm for details.:lol:

Pepper Ridge Farm said:
Plant breeding is the purposeful manipulation of plant species in order to create desired genotypes and phenotypes for specific purposes. This manipulation involves either controlled pollination, genetic engineering, or both, followed by artificial selection of progeny. Plant breeding often, but not always, leads to plant domestication. Plant breeding has been practiced for thousands of years, since near the beginning of human civilization. I always attempt to improve my own seed stock each season by plant breeding. Thank you Michael I have a pack of 7 Pod Brain Strain seed with your name on it if you like, pm for details.:lol:

I suppose its too late to ask to do an exchange. It cant hurt to try.

Prf so what uyr saying is that this brain strain is the result of a cros ???

:banghead: It all started with one very special plant that produced the most magnificent looking pods and only those seeds were saved and grown out several times always saving seeds from the most desireable pods just like Potawie said. All I have for free Leslie is a mixed seed pack of several different strains of 7 Pod including the Brain Strain, Jonah, SR strain, and Morouga. Pm please.:)

PRF didn't you get the original seeds for the Brain Strain from Trinni?

I have a couple of extra 7 Pot Primo seeds that were given to me by Chris. I've planted a few seeds and was holding back the others in case these fail. I just as well let somebody else give them a try. OP send me a PM and we'll get this figured out.

Back